Enterprise Security Analyst II
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
We are actively seeking a Security Analyst II to bring their impressive experience to our league of extraordinary Threat Security Experts. You'll be on the frontlines of the daily battle to protect our customers’ IT environments and critical business data. You’ll use your superior skills and knowledge of our extensive proprietary toolset to monitor our customers' environments, triage, and respond to security incidents. You will be a virtual shield — protecting our customers on a global scale and providing unrivaled security guidance on existing and emerging cyber security threats. Your hyper-focus will be keenly set on Customer Obsessed. You will be relentless in your pursuit of value creation for the customer, tuning and optimizing our incident output in alignment with their environment and application stack.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of our products and services and effectively utilize this to provide world-class customer experience and security outcomes for our customers.
- Protect customers on a global scale and provide security guidance on existing and emerging cyber security threats.
- Analyze, escalate, and respond to security events, observables and incidents detected by our propriety security products.
- Threat hunt across thousands of customer environments, identifying threats and observables and contribute to content management and threat intelligence activities.
- Conduct incident response activities, supporting customers through containment, eradication, and recovery
- Tune our propriety security products in line with customer specific environments in order to maximize detection coverage and minimize noise.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a global team and across multiple departments to identify improvements to the customer experience and to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Represent customer and team interests in product, engineering, and security content discussions.
- Produce Knowledge Base Articles for best practices in your team’s specific area of expertise as they pertain to the use of our solutions.
- 1 – 3 years of experience as a security analyst with full remediation and incident response experience
- Intermediate understanding of cloud environments & infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Experience with SOAR tools (Security Orchestration and Automation, Security Incident Response Platforms (such as TheHive), Threat Intelligence Platforms)
- Intermediate experience using an IDS eg., Snort or Kibana
- Intermediate command of Linux systems administration and working with BASH
- Hands on experience configuring Windows or Linux system logging
- Intermediate understanding of networking including TCP/IP
- Intermediate experience with network monitoring and packet analysis tools
- Intermediate understanding of HTTP, SSL/TLS, SOAP, and reverse proxies
- Intermediate understanding of the OWASP Top 10
- Intermediate knowledge of threat vectors against the Windows or Linux platform
- Intermediate experience with anomaly detection based on security systems
- Basic knowledge of netflows and netflow analysis
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.