Director, Product Management- MDR
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
Define the vision and strategy for Fortra's Managed Detection and Response product line. Enable a high-performing Product Team to oversee the execution of the roadmap. Support and enable operational consistency of Product Management principles. Act as product evangelist both internally and externally. Success in this role requires a deep understanding of Fortra's products, the cybersecurity market, our customers and competition combined with the ability to lead, inspire, influence, and collaborate with Fortra teams, customers, and partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Engage with senior leadership to develop and evangelize a multi-year product vision – both internally and externally - that aligns with the company’s overall strategy and supports our mission
- Engage directly with customers, prospects and partners to uncover market needs and subsequently prioritize a strategy using a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to gather and analyze information from a variety of sources to influence product strategy development (i.e. customer feedback, sales data, user behavior, competitive market trends, etc.)
- Develop a Product Management scorecard including key responsibilities, deliverables, cadence and KPI’s
- Design, recruit and develop a high performing product management team utilizing modern product discovery and delivery techniques
- Help maintain career development paths for product management team at all stages of their profession, through coaching and training opportunities
- Inspire product, engineering and design teams to focus on ambitious outcomes while simultaneously shaping their mindset to achieve smaller objectives towards larger goals
- Develop cohesive, compelling and feasible product strategies and enable your team to achieve the longer-term product vision
- Prepare and present business cases to support investment thesis in selected strategies
- Perform competitive analysis to ensure that end-to-end offerings provide superior capabilities when compared to the competition and are more effective at meeting and anticipating the needs of the customer
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to identify, prioritize and target key customer segments and unlock new opportunities to create value and drive awareness and revenue
- Partner with Marketing to develop compelling differentiation messaging and product positioning to drive behavior, targeting customers across the company’s portfolio of communication channels
- Measure success of product portfolio based on ARR bookings to target, growth, retention and other determined KPIs and continuously refining strategy to improve overall company success
- Work with AR/PR team to develop, manage and nurture relationships and communications with analyst communities to achieve consistently positive and improving analyst ratings and recommendations
- 8-10 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading, managing and scaling a high-performing team in B2B software/technology as a Managed Service
- Prior experience in security technologies such as SIEM, EDR, Analytics, Threat Intelligence, Cloud Security
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional training or certificate
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a compelling vision
- Effective understanding of Strategy, Operations, and People
- Strong experience in product management frameworks and best practices and implementing with teams
- Proven experience in strategic planning and execution tied to goals, objectives, metrics and outcomes
- Self-study in areas including design, engineering, psychology or the arts a plus
- In addition to the ability to demonstrate experience in the above duties & responsibilities:
- Security experience can range from hands-on development or content creation in the above technologies (specified under Qualifications). Also needs experience in Managed Services.
- Experience of delivering presentations/speaking sessions at conferences, customer webinars, a plus.
- Models a growth mindset, fostering creative solutions and collaboration
- High-level of emotional intelligence, shows empathy and positive influence when communicating and engaging with peers, colleagues, direct reports, leadership
- Proven ability to prioritize and gain alignment – lean towards incremental progress and speed as a success factor vs a big bang approach
- Sets clear expectation to direct reports, empowering autonomy and leveraging each one’s strengths to accomplish goals, acts as a mentor and coach
- A healthy balance of knowledge and experience across technical, business, and domain/security expertise (i.e., shouldn’t be heavily a security expert only focused on roadmap needs, also needs to understand business performance and how one impacts the other)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and understanding different ways of approaching problem solving
- Shows courage and humility by encouraging curiosity, proactively takes steps to understand the uniqueness of each team member and is humble about one’s own strengths and weaknesses
- Connects with Fortra’s culture in caring just as much about exemplifying our values and leadership principles (the how) as much as delivering on our efforts and performance (the what).
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.