Senior Software Engineer
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
This position is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing software products as well as developing new products. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, with confidence in their expertise, and is a creative problem solver.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Work with the Product Managers to outline features for the product roadmaps.
- Work with different teams and products to understand requirements and design solutions.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Work without supervision on highly complex projects.
- Extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Assist and mentor less experienced peers.
- Actively participate or sometimes take the lead in Agile ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Typically requires 10 or more years of experience.
- Proven previous experience at the Software Engineer III role
- Extensive knowledge of the field.
- A very good working knowledge of Agile Project development methodology and the ability to implement those methodologies in active projects.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the relevant programming language requirements for this role and the ability to share that knowledge with team members.
- Assist as a project leader or as a subject matter expert.
- Assist in coordinating project activities of co-located and remote team members.
- Very high level of communication skills (verbal and written)
- Presentation and mentoring skills
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.