Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Solutions Engineer supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The Solutions Engineer collaborates with sales, service, development, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The Solutions Engineer is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum six years of sales or sales engineering experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
- Experience with enterprise email administration, email authentication, and email defense preferred.
- Experience with brand impersonation threats, data leakage, social media threats, account takeover, and other digital risks preferred.
- Experience with security awareness training and phishing simulations preferred.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.