Strategy & Operations Analyst- EU
Airspace is a tech-enabled freight forwarder that’s redefining how the world’s most critical packages are delivered. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Airspace has employees who are based around the world. Our European headquarters is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
As a recognized leader in AI and machine learning, our team leverages data and patented technology to coordinate logistics across a global network of drivers and airlines. Our goal is to deliver those packages that are truly mission-critical in a way that is faster, more transparent, more secure, and more accountable than ever before. The items we deliver range from organs for transplant, to parts for critical machinery including grounded aircraft and highly sensitive components such as semiconductors.
Airspace has been rated one of America’s best Startup Employers, listed as one of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 companies, and featured as an Innovation and Disruption leader by CBS News. Airspace has the support of leading investors such as Telstra Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Defy Partners, DBL Partners, and Scale Ventures. To date the company has raised more than $140m.
The company is growing rapidly and serving more places around the world than ever before. We are looking for passionate, motivated individuals who want to make an IMPACT every day to help us execute on our mission of reshaping the world of time-critical logistics.
Airspace Overview: Airspace is a technology-enabled freight forwarder focused on transporting ultra-critical shipments ranging from sensitive components for the world’s most high-tech manufacturers to medications, treatments, and even life-saving organs for healthcare providers . Our mission is to eliminate the risks of complex & critical shipping by giving shippers control over their supply chains. We accomplish this through patent-protected AI technology, a globally integrated network, and our world-class team! Airspace is growing rapidly and has been featured as an innovator and disruptor in the media (CNBC, CBS). We are backed by world-class investors and have maintained a track record of growth and success since our founding in 2016. Airspace is trusted by hundreds of the world's largest shippers across the semiconductor, aerospace, automotive, and healthcare sectors and offers expedited logistics services globally, operating in over 60 countries primarily in North America, Europe, and East Asia. At Airspace, we live and breathe our core values: One Team, Impact, Passion, Transparency, and Innovation! By applying these to our daily tasks and interactions, we have created a company culture that is unrivaled in our industry and are constantly looking for people to push it forward!
Who we are: We are guided by our core values: One Team, Customer Obsessed, Trust through Communication, Impactful Everyday, Passionate about our Mission, and Innovative Mindset. We take these values seriously and are proud to say that by doing so, we have created a fun and engaging culture that is unrivaled in our industry. Our team deliver outstanding service to customers, are passionate about their work, and are dedicated to growing the business while having fun.
What we do: We integrate technology, people, and services through an automated software platform that gives our clients a true end-to-end shipping solution. Our proprietary platform eliminates the transparency issues that our customers have suffered through for decades while saving them precious time by expediting the dispatch of time-critical delivery services.
Role overview: The Strategy & Operations (S&O) team at Airspace reports into the CEO and serves as the “glue” between the CRO, COO, and CFO. This role will report into S&O and help scale the business by launching and executing a broad set of highly critical and visible initiatives. You will work and collaborate closely with the European Leadership Team and cross-functional teams in your day-to-day to develop growth strategies, improve our processes, and tactically drive growth, adoption and retention. We’re looking for that person who knows what to do next, and if there isn’t a next step, figuring out what the next step should be and doing it!
High-level traits that help you thrive at Airspace
- Self-starter with a knack for technology, systems thinking, and tool & process building
- Enjoys a fast-paced start-up environment and can work on several projects at once
- Willingness to learn, “own” problems, and partner with more experienced individuals to define solutions and then implement them!
- Partner with greater S&O and International Leadership to scope and execute strategic initiatives
- Work fluidly on a highly flexible team and take on a broad set of priority strategic tasks that include margin analysis, pricing analysis, formal responses to RFPs, and some basic Salesforce administration
- Understand and solve complex business problems and support strategic decision-making for the department Leaders and the C-Suite through data analysis and research. Your main focus will be on revenue growth topics, but you will also be exposed to strategic topics in operations
- Answer questions such as: What geographies should we focus on expanding next? What clients drive sustainable revenue growth? How can we improve internal processes and tools to better meet our clients’ needs?
- Quickly learn to be proficient in Salesforce and Looker; able to build your own reports and make process / system recommendations in Salesforce by understanding system capabilities (in partnership with other S&O team members)
- Collaborate closely with department Leaders (e.g., revenue, operations, finance) on cross-functional projects to define, build and deploy company-wide processes, solutions, dashboards and tools
- Independently be responsible for projects and sub-initiatives that improve our end-to-end sales and operational processes with a focus on efficiency, scalability, and reportability
- Effectively and compellingly communicate your findings across the organization (with direct exposure to the C-Suite)
- Build International Revenue Reports and Forecasts, maintaining data accuracy and driving improvements
- Collaborate with Analytics team members to build dashboards, reports and forecasting tools to improve revenue predictability; maintain analytical tools that support customer operations and reporting requirements (knowledge of Looker and SQL preferred, but not required)
- Support the strategic vision of Airspace’s growth plans: support the International Chief of Staff in organizing quarterly OKR workshops and Strategic Leadership Sessions
- 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role, for example management consulting, RevOps, S&O, data analytics, or business operations
- MSc/MA from a leading academic institution with a strong academic record or equivalent professional experience
- STEM background preferred
- Highly proficient in google sheets, google slides, Excel and PPT; SQL experience preferred
- Most of all here, you are a “systems” and tools thinker, and have a desire to build tools that are widely used and avoid repetitive tasks
- Comfortable working closely with Sales leaders and Account Executives; understands core Revenue team KPIs and how they are set and generated
- Comfortable creating reports out of critical business systems such as Salesforce and Looker
- Experience using a CRM, preferable Salesforce, with knowledge of system capabilities and an understanding of general RevOps KPIs / pipeline reporting.
- Direct experience synthesizing information from multiple sources and using data to substantiate recommendations and identify areas of risk
- Willingness to learn the details of time-critical logistics, air freight, and our business so that you can be a better problem solver
- Exceptional organizational and analytical reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful; finds ways to solve problems when path to a solution is not obvious
- Puts mission and organization above themselves; positive attitude and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and collaborating with diverse teams from different geographies and backgrounds
- Experience in logistics is not necessary
- Very recent college graduates will be considered if they demonstrate strong academic performance and internship experience
- We are One Team. We believe we all accomplish more when we are working together.
- We make an Impact. We are determined to have a positive influence on our environment, our customers, our industry, and our world.
- We are Passionate. We care deeply about our mission and are not afraid to raise the bar.
- We are Transparent. We pride ourselves on having open, honest, and sincere communication with our team and customers.
- We are Innovative. We never settle and are always striving to improve our product, service, and ourselves.
From life-saving organs to essential machinery components, Airspace is trusted by the world’s largest companies and most critical healthcare organizations to move their most time-sensitive shipments on time, every time. Our proprietary AI-powered platform is the most advanced of its kind- awarded and protected by multiple patents, it provides speed, reliability, and transparency unrivaled in time-critical logistics. We are thinkers, builders, and doers; from building and deploying AI in the world to assembling a world-class operations team, Airspace is on a hypergrowth trajectory while remaining hyper-focused on the needs of our customers and team members.
With offices in the United States in Carlsbad, CA, Dallas, TX, and in Europe in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Stockholm, and London, we are rapidly scaling into new markets and industries while continuing to innovate and maximize value for our customers. Backed by leading investors including Telstra, HarbourVest, Prologis, Qualcomm, Defy, and others, Airspace has raised $140M to date.
Join our team of 300+ technologists, futurists, and industry veterans as we work as One Team to revolutionize time-critical logistics.
Airspace is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Airspace participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.