Lead Product Security Engineer
AppOmni is looking for a talented Lead Product Security Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team.
AppOmni is the industry leader in SaaS Security Management. Our company as well as our engineering team were founded and are led by veterans of security engineering, product security, and detection and response teams from major SaaS companies. That mindset carries throughout the work we do and products we build - we create security technology by security practitioners, for security practitioners.
Our team is looking for an experienced, independently driven Lead Product Security Engineer to take an ownership role for AppOmni’s Secure SDLC. This individual contributor role will report directly to Engineering leadership and have a focus on design review, code review, and working with Engineering scrum teams as their product security point of contact and security champion.
Your work will have a direct and meaningful impact on securing our customers and their data - which may include your own data! These are challenging engineering problems in an exciting part of the security industry that do not yet have defined solutions. Successful candidates will have a history of strong problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively combined with significant past product security experience.
- A flexible, remote-first company
- A team of talented individuals who love answering questions
- A high bar for quality and commitment to self-improvement and personal growth
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Competitive salary and benefit options
- Opportunities and support for massive career growth
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Strong knowledge of cloud security best practices and past professional experience implementing and evangelizing them in support of a SaaS product’s engineering team(s).
- A collaborative approach to building and living Secure SDLC frameworks as the main Product Security point of contact for multiple engineering teams.
- Prior hands-on experience reviewing designs and implementations in Python 3. Experience with Django and/or Django Rest Framework is a plus!
- At least 5 years of experience as a security engineer in product/application security type roles.
- An interest in data, security, and data security
- A knack for designing elegant solutions to complex problems requiring piecing together data from various sources
You might also have
- Experience with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Experience with Kubernetes, GKE, and Postgres
- Experience deploying and maintaining security tooling integrated via CI / Github Actions.
- Experience deploying and maintaining off-the-shelf or custom static and dynamic analysis frameworks with a focus on shifting automated discovery of potential code vulnerabilities left and enabling engineering teams to self-serve.
Technology you'll work with
- Django Rest Framework
- Google Cloud Platform + Google Kubernetes Engine
We believe in cultivating excellence - within ourselves, and in the work that we do. Our team of customer-centric, data-driven experts are brought together by a shared passion to create tools for the greater good. We are determined to make a difference, to positively impact our way of life by securing the technology that is changing the world.
We believe in being a trusted and transparent partner to our customers, and we are fervent about providing them with high-quality, usable, and dependable software focused on the human experience, built out of a culture of coopetition and a deep understanding of their needs and goals.
We value passion, courage, and kindness. We also know that outstanding talent isn’t found in one location. Our team - veterans of cloud software, security startups, international travel brands, and some of the biggest giants in technology - spans from the mountains of Colorado to the skylines of San Francisco and New York City.
We value our people, and know that wellness and a healthy work/life balance enables them to thrive and bring us their best. Autonomous schedules, flexible commutes, and freedom from punching a clock means our team is empowered to enjoy life, work while inspired, and available when needed.
AppOmni is a leading provider of SaaS Security Management software. The company was founded by a team of security veterans from top SaaS providers and cybersecurity vendors, and its customer base includes global leaders across technology, healthcare, banking, and finance as well as many of the most well-known cybersecurity providers.
AppOmni's patented technology scans APIs, security controls, and configuration settings to compare the current state of enterprise SaaS deployments against best practices and business intent. The solution offers fast deployment, instant visibility, and makes it easy for security and IT teams to secure their entire SaaS environment from each vendor to every end user. As SaaS applications evolve, AppOmni stays current with all updates and releases to keep customer environments secure over time.
AppOmni is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.