Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We are looking for a data scientist/machine learning engineer who can bring innovative machine learning ideas from conception to realization.
What you'll do:
As a data scientist at BigID you will develop state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network algorithms to solve complex security-related NLP challenges. The end products of the data science team at BigID are scalable production services and machine learning models that make sense out of many petabytes of privacy-related databases.
What you'll bring:
- B.Sc./M.Sc in Computer Sciences / Mathematics / Statistics or equivalent.
- Highly proficient in Python.
- 3+ years of proven experience in Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling, and Pattern Recognition.
- Proven experience in bringing an ML algorithm from idea to productization.
- Experience with open source Machine Learning toolkits: tensorflow, keras, theano, scikit-learn, pandas, numpy.
- Experience with NLP toolkits such as NLTK, SpaCy, OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP etc - Strong advantage.
- Experience in document clustering / sentiment analysis / word vectors - Strong advantage.
- Experience with NoSQL and BigData - Hadoop/Hive/HBASE, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc - Advantage.
- Experience with distributed architecture, micro services, message queues, REST API - Advantage.
- Knowledge in container technology (docker) and cloud services (IaaS, PaaS) - Advantage.
- Team player, willing to work in a dynamic startup environment.
- Reliable self-starter capable of working with a high degree of autonomy.
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements - for parents, for remote work days, etc.
- Mentoring, Knowledge training & Career development tracks
- Office perks: dog-friendly environment, fully-stocked fridge, gym and exercise classes, weekly Happy Hours, free parking, evening meals
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try- We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine- We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
BigDiversity: We’re committed to creating a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality – across race, gender, sexuality, disability and neurodiversity – where innovation and growth thrives, every voice is heard, and everybody belongs.
Something looks off?