Sr. Backend Engineer
Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We’re looking for a highly motivated and talented Sr. Software Engineer to join our Cloud group. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for driving the design and development of complex cloud-based software systems. You’ll work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver innovative software solutions that drive business growth through out-of-the-box thinking and innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and deliver inventive, data driven products to foster business growth.
- Write high-quality code, covered by solid unit and integration tests.
- Make informed technological and architectural decisions while introducing new technologies and practices.
- Review the design and code for other team members.
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for excellence and a can-do attitude.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in distributed backend systems.
- Excellent understanding of modern distributed cloud application architecture and design.
- Strong knowledge of modern software languages (one of NodeJs, Java, Python, etc).
Strong knowledge working with NoSQL and SQL databases.
Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced highly committed environment.
- Experience working in a data driven environment.
- Full Stack capabilities
- Java/NodeJS knowledge
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working closely with product managers.
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements - for parents, for remote work days, etc.
- Office perks: dog-friendly environment, fully-stocked fridge, gym and exercise classes, weekly Happy Hours, free parking, evening meals
- Knowledge training & Career development tracks
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try- We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine- We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
Diversity & Inclusion: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. Come as you are.