Sr Solutions/Presales Engineer - New England
Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We are expanding our Solutions Engineering team. We're always looking for top Engineers to join our winning team. This team works closely with innovative companies interested in leveraging BigID’s platform. You will use your knowledge to influence customer decisions, provide insightful solutions, and drive successful proof-of-value implementations. With your potent technical capabilities, critical and creative thinking, and passion for fast-paced problem-solving, be ready to hit the ground running.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Sales team as the technical subject matter expert for BigID’s platform during customer calls and presentations
- Use market and technical knowledge to consult on best practices, and offer constructive direction for solution architecture and design
- Stay up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products, and services
- Drive customer success with real-world knowledge and recommendations
- Work with the post-sales teams to ensure every customer realizes the value of the BigID Platform and continues to contribute to the success of BigID customers
- Work with Product Management to capture and articulate customer and prospect product enhancement feedback
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent customer-facing communication and organization skills
- Good troubleshooting abilities and a methodical approach
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts to diverse audiences: executives, business stakeholders, and technology practitioners
- Passion for demonstrating solutions and ability to provide technical input during the sales process
- Broad understanding of enterprise data architecture, privacy, and security technologies
- Ability to plan, execute and close out a Proof of Concept with minimal assistance and oversight
- Desire to share knowledge through excellent documentation creation and RFI/RFP responses
- Some prior experience with one or more of the following: RDBMS systems, no-SQL data stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB), Hadoop technologies (such HDFS, Hive, HBase), cloud technologies (AWS EMR, S3, DynamoDB, Redshift, Azure file and blob storage, etc.)
- Prior experience with Identity and Access Management or Data Loss Prevention tools is a plus
- Experience with Linux or container frameworks (such as Docker) is a strong plus
- Experience with Linux, and container frameworks, such as Kubernetes required
- Minimum of 5 years in a pre-sales engineering or consulting role within a multinational environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. (Master’s degree a plus)
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
💻 Work from home with a global remote-first community
Global Culture Corner
Flexible PTO and Quarterly Volunteer Days
💸 Equity Participation
100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision options available to you
🐶 Additional insurance benefits like pet insurance and legal assistance
📚 Learning & Development Opportunities
Fidelity Employer Sponsored 401K
Robust DEI Program with several vibrant ERG communities
Paid Parental Leave
The annual base salary range is $150,000 - $180,000. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Salary is just one component of our Compensation Philosophy. Variable/Bonus Compensation & Equity Incentives align with individual and company performance.