Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships, Payment Network Strategy
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Payment Network Strategy to help establish and drive strategy, optimize economics, negotiate agreements, model various product scenarios, and drive growth through strong strategic relations with multiple payment networks. This is a unique opportunity for someone who thrives on working closely with internal thought leaders and P&L owners of payment products. The ideal candidate will bring industry-leading knowledge of card and / or international payment space, a keen understanding of B2B payment products, and transaction processing economics, including detailed pricing knowledge of all payment products. You must have a passion for working with strategic participants in the payment industry including payment network, issuers, processors and payment facilitators. A track record of building and growing strong relationships is a must.
In this role you will assist with the creation and implementation of our overall payment network strategic vision & roadmap to accelerate the growth of our various payment products. You will work hand-in-hand with the issuing, acquiring, and cross border payment product owners to maximize revenues and create world-class products and programs. You will have jointly aligned goals and work closely with all relevant internal departments (e.g., product, marketing, business development, customer success, payment ops, risk, legal) to achieve the business objectives and success metrics.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 10+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 6+ years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience with financial services focused on payments required. Direct experience focused on Payment Network rules, pricing, product construct and modeling strongly preferred.
- Strong history of negotiating, consulting, contracting with and managing complex relationships with card issuers, processors, program managers, VARs and payment service providers
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and comfortable with ambiguity in some scenarios
- Superior executive presence with superb presentation skills who can lead and influence, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Demonstrated success in developing & executing payment strategies within a highly matrixed organization
- Motivated self-starter with a superior ability to work with a sense of urgency and deliver under tight deadlines/timeframes and thrives in pressurized business situations (strong project and/or program management experience)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and adept at multitasking and adapting to evolving priorities
- Highly proficient in Google suite, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Natural collaborator, team oriented, diplomatic, and flexible, with demonstrated capacity to function in a matrixed organization
- Strong history of successful business negotiations and contract delivery
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Strategic Thinker and Executor: Ability to think strategically about how we can tackle our biggest partner challenges, support or internal product partners and develop a well-thought out plan. You have the capability to put on your execution hat to drive and deliver on the stated goals/objectives.
- Payments Expert: Intimately know the payment networks, understand the product constructs, rules, economics and implementation steps and how each impacts the overall economics of various payment flows..
- Data Driven: Have a data-driven mindset to measure, assess and recommend where to prioritize and focus. Deeply understand the business metrics (e.g., revenue, margin, expense management) and use this knowledge to drive profitability and assist in product development and refinement.
- Competitive Expert: Stay on top of the competition in this market segment and changes in the competitive landscape. Be a champion for new features that are important to stay ahead of competition. Have keen knowledge of the regulatory environment and the impacts on payment products and profitability.
- Partnership: Establishes and maintains connected relationships. Devotes time and energy to maintaining networks. Brings a One-Team attitude.
- Communication: Clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, & concepts in writing & verbally, using correct and appropriate grammar, organization & structure. Recognizes the value of continuous information exchange. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants