Senior Partner Support Engineer
Creating innovative financial operations solutions that help small and mid-size businesses save time, become more efficient and grow.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose, CA. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is seeking an experienced Senior Partner Support Engineer to join our team. This role will provide exceptional technical support to our bank partners, manage daily issues and projects, and triage high priority incidents within SLA. The position is part of the Developer Programs and Partner Support team within the Engineering team.
This role requires working directly with partners via multiple communications modes (support queue, phone, meetings, scorecards, status pages, and in app) and act as liaison between banks, end user support, and engineering teams. You will participate in the team on-call rotation to provide incident and release coverage after-hours and on weekends (typically one week per month). You will work closely with engineering to manage special projects and technical changes with partners. Our team seeks to improve client satisfaction by practicing, developing, and implementing BILL service standards.
To ensure success as a Senior Partner Support Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of engineering processes, experience in technical integrations between platforms, a passion for support, and high-level communications skills. You will need to be adept at consulting and diplomacy with high level VIP stakeholders, and know how to manage projects with multiple participants across different companies. You will master a deep knowledge about BILL's products and processes and how these map to our partner implementations, and advocate for partner needs to provide additional solutions as our platform grows. Ultimately, a top-notch Senior Partner Support Engineer drives partner success and retention by ensuring they have a smooth experience for their end users and a responsive and capable point of contact when urgent issues arise.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting customers or partners at the highest level in a complex software or SaaS environment. This experience should include actively consulting with customers on critical and urgent issues and driving successful outcomes.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to balance multiple high pressure partner needs while focusing on resolving complex technical issues
- Experience with managing high priority incidents under SLA time constraints
- Proven ability to drive bug fixes from debug to partner delivery via engineering teams and agile process
- Capability to manage special projects and coordinate multiple teams across different companies to achieve those goals
- Experience in creating, implementing and adhering to new processes and procedures in a technical organization
- Ability to work cross-functionally and streamline teamwork between Engineering, Customer Success, Partner Managers, Product, and Sales
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants