Director, Technical Delivery - Business Technology
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is looking for an experienced technical leader and people manager to lead a team of developers across Sales, Customer Experience and Finance platforms. The position requires experience in technical delivery management, enterprise architecture and vendor management. In collaboration with functional leaders, this individual will be responsible for identification of the organization's Salesforce platform needs, solution design and development.
The Technical Delivery Director is a strategic role within the organization, and will lead the entire Delivery & Architecture vertical of the Technology team. They will be the counterpart to the Strategy vertical of the Business Technology team, ensuring appropriate technical guidance and delivery thought leadership is brought to all portfolios of run, grow and transform delivery needs.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Technology, this individual will be a key member of a lean and high impact business applications organization with top quality people focused on customer satisfaction, superior execution and delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Manage individual workload and work of the team to deliver on committed portfolios of delivery across run-the-business, grow, and transformation needs
- Identify and mitigate risks to delivering a solution on time, provide support and technical reviews for the delivery team as required
- Provide strategic thought leadership for application development project plans, drive architectural guidance, approve scope of work, time and cost estimates, resource allocation, and identification of critical path activities and dependencies.
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to the Business Technology Strategy team to ensure that the system quality and program standards meet objectives and desired results are achieved
- Proactively identify and communicate potential issues or risks with system landscape and act as an escalation point for the technical team in addressing critical production support issues.
- Develop scalable delivery model across internal resources and external vendors (onshore and offshore) as required to support demand
- Build delivery cadence across all technical delivery and system administration teams within the Business Technology portfolio —Sales, Customer Support, Finance
- Align and work in conjunction with Application Architect(s) to deliver high quality, scalable solutions
- Build foundations of release management, testing strategies, standardize sprint delivery, and mature dev ops practices
- Drive partnership and engagement with the broader Product and Engineering organizations to align technology delivery for interconnected architectural solutions
- Evangelize development best practices and solution adoption across Business Technology teams and business teams
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent relevant experience in programming
- Minimum 7 years of relevant development life cycle experience in systems and applications management including systems/application design.
- Minimum 7 years of experience architecting and delivering Salesforce.com solutions and other enterprise applications across go-to-market and finance portfolios. Understanding of SDLCs to design, build, test and deliver full solutions.
- Strong project management, team management and relationship management skills.
- Must Have: Demonstrated deep technical knowledge in Salesforce (Sales Cloud and/or Service Cloud), Communities, Salesforce Integrations, Salesforce.com data model, custom objects, customization vs. Salesforce out-of-the-box functionality, and Apex Triggers
- Nice to Have: Worked with ERP systems like Netsuite, Oracle Cloud, etc
- Ability to work with a variety of delivery partners and vendors; ability to foster strong partnerships to develop operational processes to enable collective success of onsite and remote teams
- Ability to recruit high quality, high value talent
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants