Senior Director, Finance - Go To Market
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The primary purpose of the Finance Senior Director is to provide leadership to our Sales and Marketing (S&M) business partners in translating both strategic and business planning assumptions into financial outcomes. This role supports both the Chief Commercial Officer and the Chief Marketing Officer, by developing and communicating financial insights, measures of success, and data driven decision making. This includes responsibility for regular and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis, and identifying and mitigating risks. You will manage a high-performing team and ensure optimized outcomes both for your business partners and your team.
- Provides strategic thought leadership to our Sales and Marketing business units and leverages specialized knowledge within Finance to identify areas of opportunity and risk, leading to financial recommendations to executive management
- Provides financial insights, analysis, and recommendations as inputs to decision making
- Create and implement annual operating plan and forecasts to accurately reflect current expectations of the business.
- Responsible for the deliverables of the finance team, regular reporting and analytics, forecasting and budgeting
- Develops and maintains relationships to influence strategic and business decisions
- Leads and develops a team to ensure financial best practices are implemented and followed, financial results are accurately recorded, reported and analyzed to identify insights for decision making
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other quantitative field
- 10-15+ years of experience in a finance or analytical role, with at least 5 years experience managing a finance team
- 5+ years demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above)
- Financial system experience (Workday, Adaptive, SFDC), BI Tool experience
- Analytical skills: SaaS growth and efficiency metrics
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in Utah.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in Draper, UT. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants