Business Intelligence Analyst - Payments
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
As part of BILL Payments, Risk, and Operations team, this position is responsible for helping us achieve our fundamental goal of growing our payment network. The analyst selected for this position will perform insightful analyses of our payment network that drive our operational decision making and growth plans. They will also be responsible for tracking and reporting on Key Performance Indicators, as well as the success of key initiatives. They will work directly with payment team leaders to perform root cause analyses and develop corresponding deliverables for leadership.
The analyst will use tools such as Python, AWS Athena, Tableau, QuickSight, and Salesforce to write scripts, gather data, perform analysis, and develop reports/recommendations. The candidate will wear multiple hats - they will interact with clients and leaders to intake problem statements and requirements, they’ll partner with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify solution frameworks, then they’ll actively code and put together thoughtful analyses for consumption. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to also pursue an analytical career.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or another quantitative field
- 2 - 5 years of experience working with Python (required)
- 2 - 5 years of experience developing scripts
- 2 - 5 years of experience working with SQL
- Tableau experience
- A natural curiosity for learning new technologies
- The motivation and drive to deliver accurate and thoughtful results in a timely manner
- An excellent ability to communicate your ideas as well as understand highly complex, technical requirements
- Experience with coding best practices and version control software
- An ability and interest in diving deep into large data sets to pull forward actionable insights
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with APIs or other technical coding projects
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in Draper, UT. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
Our promise to our candidates is to be transparent, diligent, and engaging while guiding individuals through each step of our hiring process. At BILL we strive to achieve an inclusive and positive candidate experience that aligns with our core values and focuses on diversity. If you require a reasonable accommodation for your application, interviews, or another aspect of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants