Senior Director of Growth Data Science and Analytics
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at our San Jose office and is a hybrid in office role.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Bill.com's tremendous growth has created a rich set of data on the economic activity of small and medium businesses across the US, including millions of businesses in our e-payment network. We are looking for a talented data science leader to help amplify this growth.
- Accelerate our product-driven growth initiatives, in close partnership with Product Management. This includes (1) developing and aligning an end-to-end set of funnel metrics to provide detailed instrumentation of the customer journey, (2) developing forecasts and goals for key driver metrics and business outcomes that product teams can use as experimentation metrics, (3) developing and executing a program of experiments to optimize the stages of the new customer journey, and (4) helping Product size and prioritize opportunities by generating sizing models and assisting with sizing exercises.
- Accelerate our marketing and sales-driven growth initiatives. This includes (1) creating detailed data sets covering every current and prospective customer, (2) building machine learning based conversion and up-sell propensity models, and (3) collaborating with marketing and sales teams to operationalize the models
- Develop and share insights on customer behavior and market opportunities with cross-functional teams
- Lead a team of 8 data scientists and analysts
You would join Bill.com's central Analytics and Data Science team, working closely with data scientists and analysts to conduct this work. You would also collaborate closely with numerous functions across Bill.com, including Product, Marketing, Revenue (Sales), Engineering, Customer Success, Finance and Legal.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Extensive experience leading product analytics teams at a senior director level with emphasis on growth; marketing analytics expertise a plus
- Strong passion for using data to drive growth - modeling, analyzing and interpreting user acquisition and activation data throughout all phases of the customer lifecycle
- Outstanding skills in partnering with Product, Marketing and Sales leadership to drive growth
- Hands-on expertise in data mining, analytics, statistics and applied machine learning
- Player-coach: great at doing the work yourself, and in supervising team members to do it
- Executive level communications skills
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?