Senior Product Data Analyst
Build your career with purpose. Be a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position requires being local to one of our 3 US locations San Jose, CA; Draper, UT; Houston, TX. San Jose is preferred. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Our Product Analytics and Data Science team is growing! We’re looking for a proven analyst to join us and contribute to shaping the future direction of the company. Part of this role is tactical; you’ll be responsible for finding data, putting it into a reportable format, and interpreting it for product teams. The other part is strategic: you’ll be a thought partner in measuring our product performance and identifying opportunities to improve it. You’ll work closely with product teams, but will also interact with other stakeholders from time to time.
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
- Collaborate with product teams to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and build metrics that measure the impact of new products on customers.
- Develop interactive dashboards that enable teams to analyze data and gain insights into customer behavior, product performance, and business trends.
- Promote a culture of experimentation and A/B testing to drive innovation and optimize product performance.
- Enhance understanding of the customer lifecycle by conducting analyses and providing insights to help finance and research teams identify growth opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic partner to product leadership, providing data-driven recommendations and helping to prioritize initiatives that drive outcomes rather than just outputs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, with marketing, sales, customer support, and engineering, to ensure that data is being used effectively to drive business outcomes.
- Work closely with Data Warehousing and BI engineering teams to enhance our data pipelines.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Curiosity about data, and the ability to think clearly and logically about data.
- 4-6 years of experience in a Data Analyst or Scientist role, with a demonstrated track record of using data to drive business impact.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- Experience in data analytics for finance.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and experience working with large data sets. his
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI, to create compelling and insightful dashboards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, and/or Design teams, and making technical decisions related to A/B testing, project prioritization, development, and monitoring.
- Experience translating technical results and insights into clear and compelling narratives for both technical and non-technical stakeholders, as well as experience serving as a thought partner with senior leadership to influence product and business decisions. You know how to tell stories with data, and you know how to get to the real question that a customer is trying to ask.
- Familiarity with working with Python or R in a cloud-based environment. Knowledge and experience with Machine Learning and regression methods are also very helpful.
- Data modeling experience (dbt), including the ability to design data sets to help accelerate analytics work is a big plus.
- A business degree in addition to your technical degree. MBA is a huge plus.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?