Senior Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a global work environment that empowers employees to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as a # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and have made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California | Sydney, Australia | Auckland, New Zealand.
About Our Vision / ML Team
We are a small team of highly skilled computer vision and machine learning developers working on an industry-leading photogrammetry platform used by customers all around the world. We have two core photogrammetry products: a real-time aerial mapping solution and a cloud-based scalable image processing platform that efficiently processes drone imagery to georeference, align, stitch, blend, orthorectify, and reconstruct - creating thousands of point clouds, 3D models, and mosaics every day. Our customers have mapped over 150M acres from over 180 countries around the world, relying on our industry-leading speed, quality, and accuracy to drive high ROI decisions in industries as diverse as construction, agriculture, mining, conservation, forestry, and infrastructure inspection. We are looking for highly motivated computer vision experts who are excited to work on hard problems and driven to build the future of aerial mapping here at DroneDeploy.
We’re hiring an experienced Computer Vision Engineer to join our Vision / ML team. In this role, you’ll report to the Computer Vision Engineering Manager and will initially be responsible for taking ownership of and advancing our real-time SLAM pipeline. This role can be worked 100% remotely.
- Drive significant improvements in speed and quality from conception to production rollout and ongoing support
- Take ownership of large areas of our existing SLAM and photogrammetry pipelines
- Stay up to date with the latest research in computer vision and machine learning as applied to the problems we solve
- Develop and deploy high-quality unit-tested, production SLAM and photogrammetry software
- Collaborate closely with team members to solve tough computer vision problems
- Drive efficiency through metrics and automated quality assessment
- Strong academic foundations from a competitive university/laboratory, with focus on 3D computer vision (M.S./Ph.D. preferred)
- At least five years of experience working in applied photogrammetry or SLAM technology with a track record of delivering software to production
- At least five years of experience developing in C++ and at least two years of Python
- Strong track record of developing, deploying, and supporting computer vision products to customers
- Strong applied math skills in linear algebra, 2D/3D geometry
- Full-time and able to generally overlap Monday - Friday, 9-12 Pacific time
- Able to work 100% remotely
- Occasional travel for conferences, annual company on-sites
Bonus Skills, Experience, Interests
- Experience with real-time computer vision and mobile development
- Experience with multi-view stereo algorithms, including depth map & mesh generation
- Experience with 3D graphics and visualization
- Practical experience developing, training and deploying machine learning to solve computer vision problems a bonus
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.
See more open positions at DroneDeploy
Something looks off?