Are you passionate about making it easier for developers to do what they love? Are you also excited about deep diving into platforms to understand bottlenecks so you can tackle performance and stability issues? The first one to jump on a call when there is a production issue and other teams lean on your expertise to investigate the root cause? Worked in different areas of the tech stack and feel at ease working in the UI or the backend?
If you’re nodding your head vigorously, then you’ll want to keep reading.
Expel’s automated workflow service, Rosy, creates new investigative actions with additional enrichment information. The Rosy Frameworks Engineering team makes it easier for feature teams to develop automated workflows by creating and maintaining standardized frameworks within Expel’s Workbench platform services and applications. We work closely with other engineering feature teams, core platform infrastructure teams and product management to define and implement robust platform architecture solutions.
Our team values being actively inclusive and supportive, innovation through rapid iteration, and intelligent execution over heroics. If this sounds like the kind of team you'd like to join, we’d love to hear from you!
What Expel can do for you
- Give you sophisticated, real world problems on which to use your skills and experience
- Evolve your expertise in large scale application design and development using current technologies like Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, GCP, Postgres, Ember.js, Node.js, Python, and Go
- Increase your exposure to the information security space and security products
- Experience a growing, highly transparent startup environment
What you can do for Expel
- Contribute to building scalable and performant applications.
- Enthusiastically reinforce our belief in good software engineering practices, including code reviews, automated testing, and continuous deployment
- Add to our engineering culture
What you should bring with you
- A desire and ability to constantly learn and improve yourself and your work products
- An ability to balance competing priorities
- An eagerness to rumble and work out conflicting ideas both within and across teams
- Experience designing and delivering large scale software applications.
- Experience with a front end framework (for example Angular, React, or Ember.js)
- 3+ years professional development experience
How We Run Teams
We build and run teams where everyone is pulling in the same direction and is learning from each other:
- We work out of a shared backlog
- We peer-review everything
- We pair-program when it makes sense
- We do regular blame-free retros
The targeted compensation range for this role is between: €65,300 and €94,700 + bonus and equity.
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. We provide 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays, parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
While our HQ is in the U.S., we are a global company! Most of our team is remote, and we have full support for remote interaction. We realize that there is also a benefit to in-person interaction so we occasionally meet up in Dublin and there could be some travel to our HQ in Herndon, VA.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.