Senior Product Manager, Detection Strategy
You live at the intersection of security threat detection and product management and there’s no place you’d rather be. You aren’t intimidated by the vast array of security providers in the market - quite the opposite…you pride yourself on keeping a pulse on the security industry's latest tech. You’ve got an informed opinion about what an MDR should detect and that comes from customer empathy, hands-on industry knowledge and a set of experiences that didn’t always go as planned.
You don’t write detections, but you are a hero to the D&R team as you help guide them to define & prioritize the roadmap aligned with customer needs and delivering industry leading security. The SOC has confidence you are to identify the detection and data enrichment strategies that are crucial to success. You work arm-and-arm with the Platform team to drive requirements to enable new analysis capabilities and detection functionality. Services PMs want your perspective on how to best represent Expel’s detection strategy in the product. You’re thrilled to engage with customers about the security technologies they leverage and the value those sources add for threat detection. You are excited by the opportunity to work across not only the engineering teams, but with the analysts and service delivery to enable the core of a detection and response service.
Still reading? Great! This role isn’t for all PMs. Yes, all of the standard PM things apply – plan, prioritize, communicate, and implement a roadmap, form relationships, and become the authority in how customers use our product. In this role though, you’ll use your security experience to ensure Expel’s detection strategy is clear, current and comprehensive. If you get your energy from going heads down writing detections, this role’s not quite the right fit. But if setting the detection strategy from a broader perspective is your jam, you’ll thrive!
What Expel can do for you
- Provide opportunities to have a measurable impact on the company’s key business metrics right away.
- Surround you with experienced, friendly colleagues in key service delivery organizations who are all trying to make Expel’s operations scale 10x.
- Give you a foundation you can build on. We’ve been working on this for years but know there’s a lot more we can do. In other words, you won’t be starting from scratch.
What you can do for Expel
- Take ownership of the vision and roadmaps for our detection strategy, and third-party provider integrations, and the means for analysts to use all of this information.
- Contribute to running a cross-functional team (Product Management, Detections and Response (D&R), UX, Engineering).
- Establish relationships with customers and use their input to distill the many requests into a roadmap that achieves maximum impact.
- Balance a PM’s responsibility for both short term and long term results.
What you should bring with you
- 7+ years of professional experience, with ~5 years in product management, with 2 years security industry experience. Third-party integrations or security detection experience are a plus.
- A curious, tenacious, and discerning mentality.
- Strong understanding of information security, security technologies, products and services.
- Familiarity with software engineering processes, from work planning to coding to software deployment.
- Understanding of fundamental SaaS business metrics (Annual Recurring Revenue, Net Revenue Retention, Gross Margin, Net Sales Efficiency) and ways to influence each one
- Ability to build trust and appreciation with individual contributors and leaders across product management, engineering, security operations, business systems, sales, customer success, and technical support.
The base salary range for this role is between $130,000 USD and $187,200 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.