Senior Product Manager, Cloud Security
You’ve been speaking cloud since you spun up your first instance and experienced the promise of the cloud. Yet the threats and risks that enterprises face when moving to cloud aren’t lost on you. In fact, you thrive on taking the mystery out of cloud security. You can translate the CWPP, CSPM and CNAPP to a language mere mortals can understand - separating the analyst buzzwords from the problems they solve. You’ve been waiting for your chance to set a strategy that’s in line with customers need today, yet cognizant of where the industry is going.
Your DNA is equal parts cloud, security & product management. In this role you’re responsible for the strategy and execution of the roadmap for Expel’s cloud security offerings. You’ll work with customers and Expel's world-class security teams to prioritize, plan and scope the evolution of our Managed Detection and Response offerings for Kubernetes, Cloud infrastructure and SaaS offerings.
You’ll collaborate with the various Infrastructure and Platform teams, drive the required changes need to support the Cloud Security initiatives. When you get there - high five! - but you aren’t done until you collaborate with the go-to-market teams to drive the successful launch and enablement of all Cloud security initiatives. All the while, you are engaged in long term planning with partners and other Cloud Security Vendors to identify the long term plan for expanding Expel's Cloud Security offerings beyond Detection and Response. When you add it up - you’ve made a huge impact for Expel & can tell a great story that describes the way you did it with equal importance as the outcome you achieved.
If this appeals to you, we need you - like yesterday. If it sounds interesting, we’re waiting to find the right PM to take on this new role. This role reports to the Director of Product Management of Expel’s MDR offering.
What Expel can do for you
- Provide opportunities to have measurable impact on the company’s key business metrics right away.
- Surround you with experienced, friendly colleagues in key service delivery organizations who are all trying to make Expel’s operations scale 10x.
- Give you a foundation you can build on. We’ve been working on this for years but know there’s a lot more we can do. In other words, you won’t be starting from scratch.
What you can do for Expel
- Take ownership of the vision and roadmaps for our cloud security offerings.
- Contribute to running a cross-functional team (Product Management, UX, Engineering, Sales).
- Establish relationships with customers and use their input to distill the many requests into a roadmap that achieves maximum impact.
- Balance a PM’s responsibility for both short term and long term results.
What you should bring with you
- A curious, tenacious, and discerning mentality.
- Familiarity with software engineering processes, from work planning to coding to software deployment.
- Broad knowledge of modern IT, such as public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), SaaS applications, Kubernetes, serverless, and autoscaling.
- Understanding of fundamental SaaS business metrics (Annual Recurring Revenue, Net Revenue Retention, Gross Margin, Net Sales Efficiency) and ways to influence each one
- Strong understanding of information security, security technologies, products and services.
- Ability to build trust and appreciation with individual contributors and leaders across product management, engineering, security operations, business systems, sales, customer success, and technical support.
The base salary range for this role is between $130,600 USD and $189,400 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.