Are you tired of working somewhere where profits come before people? Are you looking for an environment that’ll give you a voice and encourage you to do great work? Do you like to get paid on time and paid fairly for the incredible behind the scenes work you do? Heck yeah, us too!
We believe it’s incredibly important to make payroll simple and easy to understand for our crew. We’re looking for a Payroll Manager to help us elevate our payroll game. We’ve gone global, and we have Expletives (that’s what we call ourselves) in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland and soon to be beyond. Whoa!
In this role, you’ll work with a group of thoughtful and caring people to process and educate our crew around all things payroll. You’ll partner with people across Employee Experience, Finance, and Sales Ops to get the job done.
What Expel can do for you
- Give you the opportunity to shine and take the creative leaps needed to improve payroll functionality
- Surprise you with the capability of our team and our willingness to support your efforts
- Ensure you get the support, mentoring, and feedback needed to make you successful
What you can do for Expel
- Ensure we pay our people accurately and timely regardless of where the work is performed
- Validate payroll deductions are sent to our carriers after each payroll cycle (401k, FSA, & DCA)
- Continuously review and update our Workday system integrations to ensure optimal performance
- Provide operational support by leading and facilitating training, and crafting end user documentation
- Design and build new reports
- Add more humor to the day to day (we try not to take ourselves too seriously)
What you should bring with you
- 3+ years leading payroll and 2+ years working with the Workday payroll module. Bonus points if you have experience working with OSV Atmosphere, OSV Support, and/or OSV money movement services.
- Excellent customer service skills and a service mindset
- Ability to lead multiple projects (with often shifting priorities) and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and shift communication styles between internal partners, including at the executive level, and external development resources to ensure clarity and consensus
- Ability to consistently manage timelines, communicate delays, and clarify ambiguous requirements (in other words, you set & meet expectations like a pro)
- A college degree or a compelling story
The base salary range for this role is between $98,000 USD and $142,100 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.