Director, Technology Alliances
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Director of Technology Alliances to develop and scale the technical aspects of our global Business Development programs in a fun, fast paced, highly accountable and high growth culture. Reporting to the VP of Business Development and Strategic Alliances, you will work hand in hand with Pre-sales leadership, BD and the GTM team to develop, scale and manage a world class Technology Partnerships program. You’ll have the opportunity to develop technical integrations with some of the most cutting edge e-commerce platforms around the globe, as we bring Forter’s technology and partnerships to the next level of growth.
You’ll be the Director of this team, providing you an opportunity to make your mark at Forter in establishing a scalable approach in how we build relationships with our e-commerce technology partners, working closely with our internal BD, Channel and Strategic Alliances teams thinking about the vision and execution of how we discover new ways of providing value to our customers and partners. You will be the type of individual who enjoys being a trailblazer in establishing how a new team will add value within our organization and ecosystem, a proven technologist with thought leadership experience and an ability to build and lead a growing team of like-minded Technology Partner focused Solutions Consultants. The team you build will be made up of team members who are business and technically savvy, and will partner closely with our head of global Solutions Consulting as well as our heads of Business Development and Sales.
What you’ll be doing:
- Clearly defining the technology partnerships roadmap with our business development, channel and strategic alliances leaders
- Working with technology partner team members from other e-commerce technology providers in identifying solution architectures and go to market strategies that will make a positive impact with our customers and partners
- Setting KPIs with cross functional partner focused leaders in ensuring that our GTM teams are able to scale with new programs that you help to put into place
- Manage processes and programs to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of the Forter organization
- Enrich our Pre-sales team with a clearly defined go to market and solutions offerings that will set Forter up to maximize value for our customers
- Partner closely with the rest of our global Pre-sales team in the strategic direction of the team, weighing the benefits and challenges to decisions that we make from a programs and operational standpoint
- Work with our other Forter leaders in collaboration to ensure alignment and best practices are being achieved
- Drive operational efficiencies as the impacts of this team grows at scale
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of proven experience developing technology partnership programs
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a technical sales or Presales contributor or leader
- Proven track record of creativity and KPIs in driving enablement for high growth Presales software organizations
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- The ability to work in fast paced environment, be trusted to drive initiatives autonomously and gain buy in from a wide collection of stakeholders
- Proven ability to be flexible and identify 1+1=3 opportunities with the technology partners in our ecosystem
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary Range: $174,000 - $235,000 annually + bonus + equity + benefits
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, and skill level.