Vice President of Sales, Americas
About the role:
Forter is seeking a highly motivated VP of Sales with a strong history of creative, strategic and successful leadership in growing sales teams and scaling revenue in the Americas. In this pivotal role, you will report directly to the CRO and be responsible for driving revenue growth, building a high-performance sales team, and fostering strong customer relationships to ensure the success of our enterprise fraud prevention solutions. As a strategic, hands-on leader, you will collaborate closely with teams across the organization to customize a unique vision and product offering across North America.
The right candidate will have a history of successfully expanding sales teams, implementing sales process and mentoring sales talent, while also delivering strong revenue growth.
This role is based in the US.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy for the Americas region, aligning it with company goals and objectives.
- Drive revenue growth by meeting and exceeding sales targets while ensuring profitability.
- Foster a high-performance sales culture focused on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of sales leaders and professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship to ensure achievement of targets.
- Promote a collaborative and results-driven environment and culture that encourages teamwork and professional development.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally to provide insight to internal stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Analytics and CS supporting roadmap development and messaging.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key clients, understanding their specific needs and providing tailored solutions.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional service and support.
- Identify new business opportunities and market trends within the Americas region.
- Develop and execute market expansion strategies to increase the company's market share and presence.
- Collaborate with the executive team to define sales goals, objectives, and KPIs.
- Provide the management team with performance assessments, revenue, forecasting analytics and strategic plans for pipeline development.
- Contribute to the development of the company's overall business strategy and growth initiatives.
- Establish and monitor sales metrics and analytics to track performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage the sales pipeline, forecasting, and budgeting processes effectively.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in enterprise software sales, ideally within the fraud prevention or cybersecurity industry.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales leadership experience, with a background in managing sales teams of at least 15-20 reps.
- Strong EQ, the ability to listen with empathy, and effective communication with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience recruiting and hiring top tier talent.
- Strong experience collaborating with and working across sales functions, including Business Development & Strategic Alliances, Pre-sales Solutions Consultants, and SDRs.
- Excellent knowledge of and utilization of Salesforce CRM.
- Tech-savvy, with a passion for new technologies.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting responsibilities effectively.
- Comfortable working in a high pressure environment to deliver results.
- Experience analyzing performance to identify areas of improvement and sales optimization.
- Superb negotiation and presentation skills and experience in managing lengthy and complex sales cycles.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to travel as needed, including for conferences and trade shows, client meetings, and company events.
It'd be really cool if you also have:
- A deep understanding of the fraud prevention, customer identity access, payments, and/or e-commerce and retail software landscape in the Americas region.
- History working with Fortune 500 retail and e-commerce brands.
- Experience implementing sales process and utilizing MEDDPICC methodology across the sales organization.
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Stock options
- Private health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays, every Friday
- Home office allowance
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Salary Range: $240,000.00 - $285,000.00 annually + bonus + equity + benefits
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, and skill level.