Sales Development Representative - DACH
About the role:
We're looking for a Sales Development Representative who thrives in a dynamic sales cycle environment to join our growing EMEA team. Successful candidates will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives across German-speaking Europe.
The ideal candidate will possess strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills. A strong candidate is flexible with change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and eager to advance their career in sales. This role is based in London.
What you'll be doing:
- Source highly-qualified opportunities for Account Executives through proactive outreach to assigned accounts, strategising cross functionally with sales, channel, and marketing on prospecting plans
- Work autonomously to explore data resources to research accounts, identify key players, and uncover business problems within large retail enterprises
- Deliver compelling messages, both written and verbal, to generate interest
- Conduct initial discovery conversations with Finance, eCommerce, and Payments Executives in targeted accounts
- Understand customer needs and requirements and effectively articulate how Forter can partner to solve them
- Provide insight into an organisation's structure, with ability to successfully identify decision makers
What you'll need:
- Fluency in German and English language
- Previous experience with sales and prospecting tools a plus: Salesforce.com, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- 12+ months of previous business experience in a sales environment, ideally within a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be effective in positioning a clear, concise and well-understood message
- Solid technical aptitude and genuine interest in tech and e-commerce solutions
- Ability to navigate systems and tools and follow process
- Highly-motivated and driven individual who thrives working toward monthly and quarterly quotas
- A desire to grow and advance a career in sales
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Private health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays, every Friday
- Home office allowance
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.