About the role:
Our new Payments Initiative takes Forter’s battle-tested and market-leading fraud detection analytic capabilities and combines them with deep business insights and cutting-edge technology to bring a complete line of products to our enterprise customer base that helps optimize and streamline the payments flow.
In our team, we utilize data to predict and understand the payments industry behavior - from the end-customer trying to make an online purchase to the banks that issue their credit cards.
We are looking for an experienced, goal-oriented, fast, and innovative thinker, aiming to solve complex data-based challenges with lots of creativity. You have strong attention to detail and you’re not shy about intricate systems with lots of moving parts.
You feel comfortable with technology - and have the basic programming skills to conduct big data research and translate your ideas into a well-coded logic to make production decisions.
Why should you join us?
- You’ll get to take part in building a new line of products and see your immediate impact on millions of buyers around the globe.
- You’ll do research and create optimization decision models that make real-time decisions in production.
- You’ll get to work with smart, experienced analysts, researchers and engineers building multi-layered products while gaining a deep understanding of the payments industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become an expert in the payments field, deeply understand e-commerce buyers’ behavior as well as the actions taken by the banks (and other financial institutes) real-time systems.
- Take part in building our automated machine learning models - from research, through feature engineering to production, while leveraging our deep industry and business understanding to make optimized data-driven decisions.
- Define diverse, challenging & fascinating problems - wholly & clearly.
- Collaborate with a team of the industry’s leading researchers, data scientists and software engineers to develop the next generation of Forter’s AI technology.
What you’ll need:
- A fast mind, with strong attention to detail.
- An irresistible urge to understand everything you lay eyes on, the more intricate the better :) Don’t leave a stone unturned.
- At least 2 years of experience in product-oriented data analytics/feature engineering/data science/research.
- Relevant academic background - BSc and above in STEM fields.
- Know how to work with data.
- Experience with Python/R/Matlab or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Clearly convey complex problems/designs/ideas.
- An algorithmic thinker, with strong statistical and probabilistic intuition with a grasp for complex problems/solutions. Have an understanding of features and how they interact.
- Ability to work independently given abstract tasks - but also act as a team player open to different perspectives (then politely argue to prove that you're right :)) At the end we always strive for the best solution, regardless of who suggested it.
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have an outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart, and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process