Senior Customer Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like HelloFresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series D funding, scaled past 150-person mark, and named on Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! In this Senior Customer Marketing Manager role, you’ll be a joining a growing Product Marketing organization and own the planning, implementation, and growth of Honeycomb’s first customer marketing program. This will be a high visibility role that will contribute directly to amplifying Honeycomb’s already amazing business growth.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1. #LI-Remote
In this role you will be responsible for building and scaling a world class customer advocacy program that drives strong customer engagement and contributes to business growth. You will continuously lead delivery of highly compelling customer advocacy resources to support sales and marketing priorities. As a close partner to Customer Success, you will share a common dedication to the success of Honeycomb customers and collaborate cross-functionally on new customer initiatives as they arise. You will tirelessly interact with customers to understand their observability journey, detecting emerging trends and patterns that can help inform sales, marketing, and product development teams.
What You'll Do In Role:
- Identify and manage key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc., creating an advocate community that can support sales and marketing programs.
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as in-person/virtual events, workshops, advisory boards, and awards programs.
- Partner with Customer Success on connecting with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that customer marketing efforts are aligned with business goals.
- Manage customer marketing budgets, project timelines, and consultant resources.
- Partner with DevRel/Community Team on programs within Honeycomb's user community in Slack.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years in a previous customer marketing or customer advocacy role, with experience leading a customer-focused program for a technical persona.
- Success building a customer advocacy program from scratch that was measured against, and demonstrated strong contribution to, business growth.
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including Customer Relationship Management and marketing automation platforms.
- Proven success leading selection, implementation, and adoption of customer facing platforms such as learning management systems, advocacy resource portals, or community forums.
- Deep experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy.
- Successful track record working cross-functionally and with external consultants to generate customer advocacy content including case studies, quotes and testimonials, and recorded customer videos.
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes, able to advise on customer-related questions and needs.
What You Get When You Join The Hive:
- Base pay of $190,000- $225,000.
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 23 Holidays in 2024 (which includes a company wide break at the end of the year to help you relax and recharge for the new year), and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.io to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better - we want to know!