Federal Civilian BD Director
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Sunday, May 7, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bots, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to protecting companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by digital attacks. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
Even if you’re not a conventional “hacker” we can assure you that you are a hacker in your own right. We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
The Sales team at HUMAN is seeking a Business Development Director with a background in the Federal market, with emphasis on Department 1 and Agency A, to assist HUMAN Security with penetrating and expanding its market in the Federal space.
This Director will be expected to develop new business, expand and manage a qualified pipeline, represent HUMAN Security capabilities with customers and industry partners, lead capture of opportunities, and support proposal development. You must have a comprehensive understanding of current trends and emerging technologies in the Federal Civilian professional services and IT market.
This is a highly visible position requiring a proven, clear record of success in growing new business and expanding current engagements.
What You'll Do
- Identifying, qualifying, and developing new business opportunities and associated call plans.
- Conducting opportunity analysis with specific strategies to increase company win probability.
- Organizing, composing, and briefing capture strategies/plans to corporate leadership, including win strategies, teaming, competitive assessments, and pricing strategies.
- Preparing responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and Sources Sought (SS).
- Coordinating with technical teams, business unit leaders, and functional experts to identify key discriminators, price to win strategies, and develop win themes.
- Assisting in proposal development and preparation, writing key portions of the technical and management sections. Capture contracts and follow-on opportunities post award.
- Preparing and presenting corporate capabilities presentations at appropriate venues. Preparing and delivering presentations to customers, partners and others to help position the company for and shape the acquisition strategy of potential opportunities.
- Supporting the company’s IDIQ/GWAC contract vehicles by monitoring opportunities that can develop into actionable proposals.
- Supporting brand development and market outreach activities. Creating marketing content and materials as required to represent the company and its end-to-end solutions; and representing the company at networking events and in professional associations.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement and business development cycle. Knowledge of various Government contracting vehicles and contract types.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capture management, competitive intelligence, and/or research methodologies and information sources. The ability to effectively use opportunity search tools for pipeline growth while focused on the corporate growth strategy.
- Ability to accomplish insightful vetting of strategic opportunities (i.e., $50M+ in size).
- Knowledge of information technology, training, industry experience, and knowledge of the Federal professional services industry.
- The ability to communicate concisely and appropriately.
- Current, active network of industry and Federal contacts.
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, creative capture management and teaming.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree - plus additional business or marketing qualifications a plus
- Clearance: Active Secret Security clearance
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, R2D2 days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is $190,000-$220,000/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
See more open positions at HUMAN
Something looks off?