Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Posted on Sunday, May 7, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bot attacks, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to helping protect companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
The HUMAN R&D team is pivotal to our mission. They are the ones uncovering and fighting bot operations like PARETO, ICEBUCKET, 3ve, and Methbot. HUMAN supports our R&D humans by strongly valuing deep work and flexibility. HUMAN is fully committed to flexible working arrangements to ensure our humans are able to do the best work of their lives.
We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
As part of the Security Research Team, you will be part of a team of highly skilled security researchers, data researchers and intelligence researchers who continuously hunt for threats, evaluate and develop new detection techniques, and share intel and attribution for cybercrime activity with the goal of protecting our customers while keeping the internet human.
What you'll do:
- Play a lot with the web-browsers, trying to find differences in behavior between them.
- Research and develop signal collection on both mobile and desktop, which enables detection and defense deployments.
- Find ways to detect automation, for example, tools like Selenium, Playwright or Puppeteer.
- Share security research topics through research talks, knowledge base and external engagements including media interviews and conference presentations, detailing your discoveries for internal and external sharing.
- Discover adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures leveraged by bots.
- Create and validate data insights to enhance detection excellence.
- Understand customer specific requirements, deliver with impact and exceed customer expectations.
- Find bad stuff on the internet, see if you can figure out how it is done, document it.
- Red team, experiment, and develop new tactics for various kinds of fraud and to bypass our detection, no need to wait for an attack to be discovered and used by adversaries first.
- Stay abreast of cyber security trends and events related to our mission.
- Contribute high impact work that substantially benefits team level metrics and OKRs.
- Develop techniques, tools and scripts to simplify yours and others work.
Who you are - Must have:
- B.sc in computer science or equivalent experience (technological unit alumni etc.)
- Understanding of the cybersecurity threat landscape.
- 3 years+ of proven Cyber Security Research experience.
- Good English (Reading and Writing).
- Motivated, independent, and passionate about finding the bad guys.
- Ability to motivate and lead those around you by your own contribution, professionalism, and teamwork.
Who you are - Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with data analysis of large and complex data sets (data manipulation, statistical analysis, Conclusions, etc.) - Great advantage.
- Experience with threats created by bots / Creating automated web-related tools.
- Reversing capabilities.
- Experience with publishing technical blogs/speaking at conferences.
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
See more open positions at HUMAN
Something looks off?