Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud.
We are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world, by helping teams get data business ready, faster. Our technology allows customers to load, transform, sync and orchestrate their data.
We are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our growing business. Together, we can make a dent in the universe bigger than ourselves.
We are now looking for a Revenue Manager to join our Accounting team here in the US! This role can be located anywhere across North America but is preferred on the East Coast as this will work closely with our UK-based team.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Revenue Manager, will play a pivotal role in optimizing our consumption-based business model by overseeing all aspects of revenue recognition accounting. The role will help drive compliance with IFRS/GAAP revenue recognition standards as well as partnering closely with sales operations, IT, FP&A, and the rest of the accounting organization to drive completeness and accuracy of revenue/financial reporting.
What you will be doing;
- Responsible for the integrity and robustness of the revenue recognition process in a consumption-driven environment.
- Drive the month-end close process as it relates to revenue
- Partner closely with the CAO to help scale the organization for IFRS/GAAP reporting requirements and potential IPO.
- Own all accounting policies and controls that relate to revenue and ensure that those policies are well understood..
- Assist in delivering key system enhancements through collaboration with key stakeholders and IT support.
- Work closely with the sales teams to ensure deals meet revenue recognition requirement
- Assist in the annual audit and ensure that revenue recognition testing is delivered on a timely basis to the auditors
What We're Looking for;
- Accountancy qualification or equivalent combined education and work experience (CPA or ACA Required)
- 10+ years of Accounting experience, ideally in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment/Pre-IPO environment
- Prior experience using an ERP (ideally Oracle/Netsuite)
- SaaS experience preferred - specifically with respect to ASC606 GAAP Accounting/IFRS Rev Rec Standards
- Proven leadership skills
- Big 4 experience preferred
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated base compensation range for this position is $110,000 - $140,000. The final salary will be based on the relevant skills and experience demonstrated in the hiring process.
Matillion has fostered a culture that is collaborative, fast-paced, ambitious, and transparent, and an environment where people genuinely care about their colleagues and communities.
Our 6 core values guide how we work together and with our customers and partners. We operate a truly flexible and hybrid working culture that promotes work-life balance, and are proud to be able to offer the following benefits:
- Company Equity
- 25 days PTO
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Access to mental health support
- Career development with access to a Udemy account, Blinkist and much more!
More about Matillion
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
We are dual headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado.
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch. Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.