Senior Software Engineer - Security
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud.
We are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world, by helping teams get data business ready, faster. Our technology allows customers to load, transform, sync and orchestrate their data.
We are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our growing business. Together, we can make a dent in the universe bigger than ourselves.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a key role within the Matillion Security team to deliver a first-hand impact on key security initiatives, especially in building scalable and secure-by-design systems and solutions.
The role enables our engineering teams to affect positive change with speed, ease & confidence, through steering the strategic direction of crucial functions like application and cloud infrastructure security.
What you will be doing
Security Architecture and Design
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security measures into the software development lifecycle.
- Guide the security architecture & implementation of new products.
- Find and define secure means for all of our product teams to achieve their goals.
- Research, design, and implement security properties and architect solutions based on trusted computing for SaaS and cloud.
- Develop infrastructure components, libraries, SDKs, and sample applications that enable developers to adopt security constructs with ease.
- Develop technical solutions based on DevSecOps principles to help address security issues and automate repeatable tasks, along with implementation of security controls to protect cloud resources and data.
- Build tools and libraries to “engineer-away” the complexities of secure software.
- Build tools to monitor, detect and block malicious security activities.
Code Review and Vulnerability Assessment
- Plan, design, and improve infrastructure as code (IaC) relating to security.
- Design and implement new approaches to execution monitoring, remote attestation, code signing, and malware mitigation and the applications, to help protect our customers.
- Improve the security of the Matillion codebase, both directly (by fixing code) and indirectly (by helping engineers fix security issues)
Security Awareness and Training
- Produce security training and awareness when required through the Security Champions network
- Continuous champion of a culture of security consciousness within Matillion
- Demonstrable, hands-on experience in software architecture, design and development in a cloud SaaS environment.
- In-depth knowledge of security principles, protocols and best practice.
- Strong programming experience with deep working knowledge in areas of firewall security, operation systems, computer networking.
- Demonstrable coding for security knowledge: authentication, access control, roles, capabilities, protocols, memory-sae languages, cryptography: certificates, public/private-key algorithms, hashing & HMAC, OpenSSL, automation using AWS cloud formation/terraform.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Experience in leading initiatives, mentoring team members, and striving for team operational excellence.
- Passionate about driving security culture through automation and development.
- Self-Starter who can work independently to deliver results and has a desire to continually learn and grow.
- Team Player who values collaboration and relationship building to achieve shared outcomes.
- Adaptable and able to react to shifting priorities, demands and timelines and effectively adjust priorities and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment; able to remain current with ever evolving global security regulations.
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving with attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Detail focused and pays attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to understand both causes and effects.
- Big picture aware and understands the scope and impact of a problem or solution.
- Possess a growth mindset for continuous personal development and have the flexibility to adapt to different types of technical challenges.
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is £56,000 - £84,000, but the final salary will be based on your relevant skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process.
Matillion has fostered a culture that is collaborative, fast-paced, ambitious, and transparent, and an environment where people genuinely care about their colleagues and communities.
Our 6 core values guide how we work together and with our customers and partners. We operate a truly flexible and hybrid working culture that promotes work-life balance, and are proud to be able to offer the following benefits:
- Company Equity
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Access to mental health support
- Career development with access to a Udemy account, Blinkist and much more!
More about Matillion
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
We are dual headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado.
We are keen to hear from prospective Matillioners, so even if you don’t feel you match all the criteria please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch. Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email email@example.com.
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.