Senior FP&A Manager
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud.
We are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world, by helping teams get data business ready, faster. Our technology allows customers to load, transform, sync and orchestrate their data.
We are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our growing business. Together, we can make a dent in the universe bigger than ourselves.
About the role
The Senior FP&A Manager is responsible for supporting the financial planning and analysis function within the Company. This role involves collaborating with various departments to develop budgets, forecasts, and financial models, as well as providing strategic insights and recommendations to support decision-making processes.
The Senior FP&A Manager plays a key role in driving financial performance, optimizing resource allocation, and ensuring the organization meets its financial goals.
What you will be doing;
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support leading the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to develop accurate and realistic budgets.
- Develop and maintain rolling forecasts to provide timely and accurate financial projections.
- Analyze budget variances and provide explanations for management review.
Strategic Decision and Support
- Work closely with executive leadership to contribute to the development and execution of the company's strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate the financial feasibility of proposed strategic projects and investments.
- Partner with business leaders to analyze the financial impact of strategic initiatives, investments, and projects.
- Evaluate and propose recommendations for optimizing financial performance and resource allocation.
- Build and maintain complex financial models to support strategic planning and decision-making.
- Conduct scenario analysis to evaluate the impact of different business strategies on financial outcomes.
KPI Tracking and Management Reporting
- Identify and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure business performance.
- Collaborate with department heads to establish performance metrics and targets.
- Provide actionable insights to senior management through clear and concise monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and presentations, highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial metrics.
- Provide insightful analysis of financial results, highlighting key trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with various departments, including operations, sales, and marketing, product, R&D to understand their financial needs and provide analytical support.
- Foster strong relationships with department heads to ensure alignment with financial goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant data and assumptions for budgeting and forecasting.
What are we looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA or professional certification (e.g., CFA, CPA) is a plus OR Fully qualified Accountant (CIMA preferred).
- Proven experience ( years) in financial planning and analysis, with a track record of progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Experience at high growth businesses, in particular within the software industry.
- Advanced proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Excel; experience with ERP systems (e.g., Netsuite, Adaptive Planning) is a plus.
- Strong analytical and modelling skills with the ability to translate complex financial data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to develop strong, cross-functional relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is £72,000 - £108,000, but the final salary will be based on your relevant skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process.
Matillion has fostered a culture that is collaborative, fast-paced, ambitious, and transparent, and an environment where people genuinely care about their colleagues and communities.
Our 6 core values guide how we work together and with our customers and partners. We operate a truly flexible and hybrid working culture that promotes work-life balance, and are proud to be able to offer the following benefits:
- Company Equity
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Access to mental health support
- Career development with access to a Udemy account, Blinkist and much more!
More about Matillion
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
We are dual headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado.
We are keen to hear from prospective Matillioners, so even if you don’t feel you match all the criteria please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch. Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.