Senior Product Manager
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
You’ll own our core telematics product which drives almost every aspect of the Motive Platform. As our customers shift towards new vehicle technologies like EVs and Hydrogen fuel cells and Motive grows into new verticals with a variety of vehicles, telematics is at the core of our most critical challenges and biggest opportunities. You’ll work directly with some of the largest companies in the world to understand their challenges touching almost every area of the Motive platform.
To thrive in this role you need to:
- Be able to work directly with enterprise customers and GTM teams
- Develop a technical roadmap based on broad market conditions and trends in new technology adoption
- Partner with engineering & data teams to perform technical analysis on telematics signal quality
- Effectively translate deeply technical problems into compelling customer pain points
What You’ll Do:
- Own our core telematics product roadmap and strategy
- Make business cases for investments such as acquiring telemetry data sources
- Work directly with some of the largest businesses in US to resolve critical issues
- Partner with experienced technical leads to launch compelling solutions to some of the most complex problems in the physical economy
- Partner with other product managers across a wide range of products in the Motive platform
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 4+ years experience in product, preferably with experience working on an enterprise products
- Experience working on IoT product and firmware engineering teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain user / customer focus and empathy while working on complex technical problems
- Clear communicator - experience working directly with enterprise customers and sales teams on technical challenges
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.