Senior Manager, Strategic Finance
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Strategic Finance at Motive is a highly cross-functional group that is responsible for strategy, operations, and ensuring that we are hitting our financial targets for all our core businesses.
Activities address every aspect of our company from how we price our products and reward our sellers to how we track our R&D investments and improve our profitability. Our Strategic Finance team is maniacal about and energized by the challenge of getting their hands dirty in any problem across the company, and finding ways to help us scale faster and more efficiently.
We are low-ego and love to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive alignment and execution. Examples of major challenges Strategic Finance faces are developing long-range financial forecasts, tracking new product introductions from initial concept through development and into the public launch, and recommending areas where we should invest more or less based on quantitative analysis and qualitative synthesization.
What You'll Do:
- Manage key strategic initiatives linked to company-level objectives. You will liaise between Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams to ensure teams are driving execution of their respective initiatives
- Own Strategic Planning. From partnering with our leaders to understanding the company roadmap to building our long-range financial plan to presenting our plan to the C-suite, you are the engine that powers our Strategic Planning process.
- Develop reporting and monitoring. You will build reporting dashboards to monitor the financial impact of in-flight initiatives and communicate these findings to executive leadership on a regular basis
- Analyze and optimize. You will take a hands-on approach analyzing what drives company success and translate key takeaways to improve operational excellence across the organization
- Lead cross-functionally. You will work with partners across Sales, Product, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering teams to test and implement new mechanisms.
- Get stuff done: You are resourceful, and will plug in wherever you’re needed because you’re a five-tool player who can tackle our company’s most difficult challenges
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in banking, private equity, or FP&A;
- Bachelor's degree required
- Tech experience is preferred but not a requirement
- Advanced communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Executive presence and comfort communicating with the C-suite
- Exceptional spreadsheet / data management skills, SQL proficiency preferred
- Intellectual curiosity supported by exceptional analytical skill
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience working on cross-functional projects with various stakeholders and a demonstrated expertise in managing such projects
- Able to work in ambiguous, fast paced, environments under tight and unpredictable timelines
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.