Senior Security Engineer
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
At Motive, we are in a hyper growth phase, releasing new features and services for our customers every quarter. As we expand our product footprint, we are also hard at work to expand our security capabilities as we meet and exceed our compliance needs, expand into new regions, and guide teams to secure implementations.
We are looking for people who want to partner with our peers to level up Motive's security posture through developing detection and protection mechanisms, and securely implemented designs across our platform and AI-enabled IoT products. We are passionate about helping teams with security design and creation, codifying policies to guide our peers, and identifying and prioritizing Motive’s security and privacy risks using the latest technologies in our cloud-native environments, and our million devices in the field.
Are you an experienced security professional with a passion for protecting valuable assets and a knack for uncovering security gaps in large and complex environments? Always have an eye on the newest and most-automated way to do it? We are looking for a skilled and dedicated Senior Security Assurance Engineer to help fortify our systems and processes against cyber threats. If you have a proven track record of excellence in the security field and are ready to make an impact in a dynamic organization, this role could be the perfect fit for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop security tools to monitor for security and compliance controls in real time.
- Conduct comprehensive security audits and assessments to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities, and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Implement and maintain continuous compliance monitoring processes and tools to ensure adherence to security policies and standards across the organization - in a cloud-native kubernetes AWS environment.
- Review, update, and maintain security policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements - codifying and automating wherever possible.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of security measures and controls, and provide expert guidance on security best practices during service design of SaaS and hardware products.
- Manage third-party risk assessments, collaborating with vendors and partners to ensure their compliance with our security requirements.
- Develop, implement, and deliver effective security training and awareness programs to foster a security-conscious culture within the organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- Technical expertise in securing cloud-based services and applications on AWS, leveraging managed services where possible (eg. KMS, GuardDuty, SecretsManager, CloudTrail, etc.)
- Experience in Identity, Logging, and SIEM implementations and automation.
- At least 4 years of hands-on development experience with API development, Data Analysis, SQL, Python, Terraform, and Git.
- A deep understanding of information security, risk management, and data privacy, backed by practical experience in the field.
- Knowledge and experience in applying cryptography, including encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, and TLS, to protect data and communications.
- Experience in developing and managing security policies and standards.
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as SOC, NIST, ISO, and PCI.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, FedRAMP and Privacy Shield.
- Experience managing disaster recovery and business continuity programs.
- The ability to communicate complex security and risk management concepts effectively to diverse audiences and translate them into business terms, while recommending alternative solutions to stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration skills to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid project management skills, with proficiency in Jira.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.