Manager, Trial Success
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As the Manager, Trial Success, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and guiding the team responsible for key elements of our proof-of-concept (POC) process. In this leadership position, you will impact both trial conversion and the long-term success of the program. Your focus will be on managing Trial Success Managers who instill confidence in Motive’s product set through consistent collaboration between Motive pre- and post-sales teams, as well as external stakeholders. This is a high-profile managerial role, keenly focused on ensuring overall sales success and driving revenue growth for the Enterprise Sales business.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage a team of Trial Success Managers responsible for all trial/proof-of-concept (POC) activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing, to understand client requirements and strategic objectives for POC initiatives.
- Develop and implement standardized processes and best practices for conducting POCs, from ideation to execution, ensuring efficiency and quality in deliverables.
- Evaluate new technologies, tools, and methodologies to enhance the POC process, staying abreast of industry trends and advancements.
- Manage the allocation of resources, including budgeting, staffing, and timelines, to meet project milestones and client expectations.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, leveraging feedback and metrics to optimize the POC lifecycle and enhance overall team performance.
- Act as a liaison between the POC team and stakeholders, communicating progress, challenges, and outcomes effectively.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of managerial experience overseeing POC teams or similar technical projects within a fast-paced technology environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Project management experience (PMP preferred).
- Strong understanding of the technology landscape, including software development, cloud computing, IoT, AI/ML, etc.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and motivating high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, capable of engaging and collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on driving innovation and delivering impactful solutions.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.