Manager - Enterprise Systems Engineering
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Manager of Enterprise Systems Engineering is responsible for leading a cross-functional team of engineers who establish, build and support enterprise software applications. This is a technical leadership role that will engage in the most difficult and long-standing technical problems affecting Motive’s business operations from top of the funnel through order processing, customer support and experience, billing, revenue and more. Successful candidates will have extensive enterprise systems experience and be a strategic thought leader with a focus on transformation and scalability.
What You'll Do:
- Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, this role leads an Agile engineering operation that designs and implements scalable technical solutions for Lead to Cash systems which today include Salesforce, Salesforce packages and integrated solutions like Zuora, RevPro, Vertex, Boomi, Netsuite, and more
- Lead a motivated cross-discipline team of Enterprise Systems Administrators, Developers,QA, Netsuite Admins and Test Automation engineers in maintaining the portfolio of enterprise applications and integrations.
- Guide teams in innovative use of cloud-based technology solutions, including configuration of Salesforce platform components, AppExchange packages, creation of complex data models, integration with external systems, and custom code or workflows as necessary, to solve business requirements.
- Commitment to continuous improvement. Working to improve communication, collaboration and alignment amongst teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Work with the technical teams to establish best practices, standards and operational guidelines, with focus on platform reliability and serviceability.
- Be the subject matter expert in driving the industry best practices for the L2C ecosystem and associated integrated tools. Stay current on L2C system releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications available from 3rd parties.
- Collaborate with Product Management, the business and key IT stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and schedule applications development and enhancement requests, while providing direction and guidance to the applications development staff.
- Deliver quality applications and support within a SOX compliance control environment with change management.
- Accountable for availability and performance of applications portfolio, including ownership of incidents and release management
- Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of project work including detailed technical specifications and application code
What We're Looking For:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science with at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field.
- 2+ years as Application Architect or equivalent level of engineer, independently designing and delivering complex projects in multiple Salesforce technologies (e.g. Sales/CRM, Service, CPQ, Commerce).
- Proven experience in managing onshore/ offshore models with a hybrid of vendors/consultants and FTEs.
- Deep experience from the top of the LeadGen funnel, through Opportunity, CPQ, fulfillment, and Cash processes in a SaaS & recurring revenue company.
- Strong understanding of Security best practices including Salesforce Security model, Threat modeling, and least privileged / zero trust access models
- Hands-on experience in Salesforce configuration / customization using Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, Scheduled and Batch classes, Lighting web components (LWC).
- Ability to create an environment for honest and open discussion to resolve critical issues by collaborating with team members.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Experience with Devops and Source Code management Tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments (Copado, Gearset, Autorabit etc). Proven experience in Agile process improvement.
- Experience with integrating Salesforce.com with 3rd party applications using SOAP/REST API, Middleware, etc.
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect or Certified System Architect preferred.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.