Senior Salesforce Developer
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Job:
As a Salesforce Developer in Motive’s Enterprise Systems team, you will be working with the team that is building and maintaining systems used by our Customers and internal Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Marketing Operations, Customer Success, Customer Support and Finance teams. You will be responsible for implementing scalable Salesforce related technical solutions that will significantly impact Motive’s growth and global expansion.
- Design and implement scalable technical solutions for Lead to Cash systems which include the full set of Salesforce technologies.
- Design user focused and innovative Salesforce-based technology solutions, including configuration of Salesforce platform components, AppExchange packages, creation of complex data models, integration with external systems, and custom code or workflows as necessary, to solve business requirements.
- Have a strong bias for action to respond to Production disruptions of any kind and resolve them as they happen.
- Provide technical leadership on projects by providing guidance ensuring Salesforce.com best practices.
- Work with various functional leads and teams, business and technical, to understand and realize the needs of our customers by translating “the what” into “the how”, and then development, Unit testing and Production release of the developed component.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
- Check in and deploy code and configurations; participate in release management.
- Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write / maintain test classes for all custom development
- Drive coordination and collaboration of system architects, Motive Engineering teams, functional teams (such as Sales) and Enterprise Systems functional leads.
- Own the development plan to implement and deploy a complex set of enhancements on the Salesforce stack, driving development best practices to scale global implementations across multiple business units.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, source control, adherence to release cycles, and continuous integration/continuous deployment practices.
- Actively participate in Sprint ceremonies
- Active participation in maintaining Production Quality , Tech Debt Control and DevOps procedures & processes
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s/Postgraduate degree, professional qualification, or relevant experience
- 7+ years of Salesforce application development experience.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I certification or higher level certification.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, & Experience Cloud; Commerce Cloud experience is preferred
- Experienced with Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API.
- Experienced with Web UI frameworks in Visualforce pages or Lightning components.
- Proficient in CI/CD DevOps procedures , GitHub. Familiarity with sfdx is a plus
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS),Python, Data Integration is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ, order management, Zuora Billing a plus,
- Experience with TDD, QA testing and framework testing a plus.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.