Fulfillment Manager (Louisville, KY)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a remote Fulfillment Manager working with our 3rd party logistics provider, your role is to ensure seamless coordination and optimization of warehouse operations to meet the needs of both the customer and internal stakeholders. You will oversee fulfillment, and outbound logistics coordination ensuring a high level of efficiency and customer satisfaction. This position requires strong leadership skills, a deep understanding of 3PL processes, and effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders. Travel to warehouse location in Louisville, KY, for any necessary meetings/audits is required (up to 3-4x / month).
What You'll Do:
- Client Relationship Management:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for 3PL service.
- Understand and meet customers expectations, ensuring high levels of satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customer service and sales to understand the customer’s unique requirements and implement tailored solutions for delivery.
- Collaboration with 3PL Provider:
- Work closely with the 3PL provider to ensure seamless integration of warehouse operations.
- Monitor performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the effectiveness of 3PL services.
- Address and resolve issues related to service levels and performance.
- Inventory and Order Management:
- Oversee the order fulfillment processes.
- Work with Inventory specialist on inventory controls.
- Coordinate with the 3PL provider to optimize stock levels and order processing.
- Implement procedures to ensure accurate and timely order shipments.
- Logistics Coordination:
- Optimize transportation and distribution processes in collaboration with the Freight Specialist.
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective logistics solutions for outbound shipments.
- Monitor and manage transportation providers to meet service requirements.
- Communication and Reporting:
- Maintain timely, transparent and open communication with both clients and the 3PL provider.
- Provide regular updates on key performance indicators, operational activities, and any relevant issues.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 3+ years of related experience in Supply Chain or Logistics in consumer products
- Proven experience in warehouse management with a focus on 3PL operations
- Familiarity with 3PL systems and technologies
- Knowledge of safety regulations and compliance standards.
- Very strong Excel skills required (pivot tables, reporting, etc.)
- Experience working in an ERP (Netsuite / Coupa / SAP)
- Knowledge of safety regulations and compliance standards in the logistics and warehouse industry
- Strong communication skills in order to collaborate with different swim-lanes, and conduct business with manufacturers and 3PL
- Highly organized and able to perform several tasks at one time, keep detailed records, and manage several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must gracefully handle unforeseen issues, collect and analyze information, problem solve with data and make informed decisions
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, supply chain management, or a related field highly desirable
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.