Senior Manager, Accounting
📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is growing! We are looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting in India reporting directly to the Director of Accounting in the US. You will play a key role in developing and managing our accounting shared services team. This is a unique opportunity to work for a reputable tech company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and have a significant impact on driving business efficiencies within the organization.
- Set up and Lead a five-star International accounting team in India to support our global operations and growth
- Support our new revenue initiatives by taking on the related billings and reconciliations
- Manage the transition of our International Accounts Payable from third party consultants to in-house
- Define guidelines & processes for accounts payables to be applied across all our locations to ensure appropriate verification of invoices received from vendors for statutory compliance and conduct timely bill passing activities
- Design processes, procedures and controls around all our accounting shared services activities
- Transition the foreign subsidiaries month-end close process to our new India accounting team
- Partner with the US accounting team on month-end close reporting with respect to the close package and the accuracy and completeness of the financial results
- Collaborate with the US accounting team on continuous process improvement
- Monitor India compliance and audit projects
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support business decisions
What we're looking for
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (finance, accounting)
- You have at 10+ years of combined experience in outsourced accounting
- You have SaaS industry experience
- You have worked and are comfortable working in a distributed environment
- You have experience with international accounting (bonus points for US GAAP)
- You have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to dive into details and reconcile differences
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations around process
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work across all levels within the organization
- You can work independently and as a member of a team
- You have strong financial systems and business application skills including Excel and Netsuite
- You’re excited to be a part of a fast-paced, high-growth company
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1400+ other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.