Director, Product Design
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Be part of the Contact Center Industry Disruption with Observe.AI
Observe.AI is an Intelligent Workforce Platform that transforms contact centers by embedding AI into 100% of customer conversations, optimizing agent performance, and automating repeatable processes that drive revenue and retention. With Observe.AI, contact centers can surface intelligence across every interaction, giving employees highly accurate, actionable feedback using baked-in coaching and evaluation workflows, and improve key business metrics across every customer touchpoint.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
The Director of Product Design will play a crucial role to shape the visual and interaction design principles of our products. This role involves strategic decision-making across all the company products, involving close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams. This role will be very much a player-coach, as it requires a mix of leadership, hands-on experience, and a creative mindset to guide the future direction of product design here at Observe.ai. This role will report directly to the SVP of Product.
What You Will Do as a Director, Product Design:
- Define and implement design strategies aligned with company goals and user needs.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a team of 5 UX/UI designers, ensuring high-quality design outputs.
- Foster a culture of design thinking across the organization and influence the product roadmap with user-centric design practices.
- Establish and govern the design system, standards, and best practices to ensure consistency across all products.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure a seamless, user-friendly, and visually appealing product experience.
- Facilitate user research, customer interviews, and usability testing, translating findings into design improvements.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competitor products to drive innovation and ensure our product remains cutting-edge.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in UX/UI design, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Proven experience in designing SaaS products, with a portfolio showcasing your work.
- Proficiency in design software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of usability testing and user-centered design principles.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience at early stage start-ups is a plus.
What we Offer:
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Flexible Time Off
- Generous holiday and parental leave policies
- 401K plan
- Learning & Development fund to support you in your continuing education journey and professional development
- Fun events to drive towards our culture supporting a community of Connect, Collaborate, Celebrate
If you are ambitious, make an impact wherever you go, and you're ready to shape the future of Observe.AI, we encourage you to apply. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Observe.AI will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See more open positions at Observe.AI
Something looks off?