Director, Rheumatology (Part-Time)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our quality-focused team culture and supportive management ensure growth, learning opportunities and achievement for every employee.
In the roles described below, you will be driving the growth and success of a critical area of OM1’s business and have a direct impact on helping OM1 succeed in improving patient outcomes and expanding the understanding of chronic and immune-mediated medical conditions. The work requires medical area expertise, experience with real world data in clinical research, strong leadership and communication skills.
As the Director, Rheumatology, you will play a critical role in the continued growth and success of the Rheumatology Specialty Area, including expanding the rheumatology area business through driving product and solution adoption, working with business development, supporting key customers and programs, serving as an expert resource in providing recommendations and input on existing and new rheumatology related data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products, and developing thought leadership in the emerging area of RWD and AI in rheumatology. Where relevant to your background, you may be asked to provide clinical insights and input on other immune and chronic medical conditions. You will develop and execute strategic plans for the Rheumatology specialty area, work with the Marketing and Business Development teams, present at key meetings, provide senior leadership and input on Real-World Evidence projects, consult and collaborate with internal teams across all parts of the organization. You’ll also contribute to product ideation and development, proposals, research design, analyses and reporting.
We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of Real-World Evidence in an evolving industry!
What You'll Do
- Lead the effort in Rheumatology (and related areas of immunology) to grow the business area, including strategic and business planning and ensuring the existing and planned Rheumatology data, analytic and AI products are best-in-class
- Work with other specialty area leaders and clinical experts in the organization
- Work closely with Business Development, Product, Engineering, Research, and Data Science colleagues on all rheumatology-related activities
- Partner with clients working with OM1 data, analytic and AI solutions in rheumatology and help internal teams achieve high value and success with clients
- Serve as the subject matter and domain expert across functions; provide clinical review in areas of knowledge Partner with clients in building understanding and adoption of OM1’s rheumatology products and solutions
- Work with teams of experts to develop innovative solutions leveraging unique data assets and artificial intelligence platforms
- Attend in-person scientific and customer meetings based on business needs up to 14 days per year
What Experience You'll Bring
- Clinical and research expertise in Rheumatology
- Experience with and strong understanding of healthcare data and analytics Excellent written and oral communication, including medical writing and presenting
- Outstanding thinking, questioning, and listening skills; attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work with diverse and matrixed teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Education and Experience
- MD degree or non-US equivalent
- Subspecialty clinical training in Rheumatology
- Masters or PhD degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or Public Health a plus
- Prior work in an entrepreneurial environment a plus
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
See more open positions at OM1
Something looks off?