Total Rewards Manager
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
The Total Rewards Manager will play a critical role in shaping and managing OM1’s Total Rewards portfolio, including compensation, benefits, and other organizational perks, to attract and retain high-performing OMies and further cultivate our culture. This strategic and also hands-on individual will use data and feedback to architect and implement competitive and cost-effective solutions that help drive and scale the organization, and serve as the primary point of communication and support for these efforts for OMies and our external partners. The Total Rewards Manager will also be the primary owner of employee data for OM1, serving as the lead administrator of our HRIS system. The ideal candidate will bring wide experience across compensation, benefits, and systems administration, including experience with compensation design, knowledge of benefits and wellness design and administration, and HRIS administration, reporting and analytics.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Develop and implement a data-driven compensation philosophy and structure including robust criteria to consistently level roles across the organization.
- Implement tools that further automate and streamline compensation processes and decisions.
- Manage the annual compensation adjustment cycle, including benchmarking for the merit/promotion budget, implementation and oversight of the compensation adjustment process including associated communication/training, and pay equity analyses.
- Working closely with Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners, facilitate the development of market-competitive compensation packages that attract and retain high caliber talent while managing internal equity.
- Manage compensation vendor relations.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the benefits function, collaborating with external benefits and compensation advisors and gathering market benchmarks to stay abreast of emerging trends and design forward looking plans that create competitive yet cost effective offerings for employees.
- Oversee benefits program management and develop strong partnerships with benefits providers / brokers (negotiate favorable renewals, manage open enrollment processes, maximize partner capability and support)
- Serve as the key point of contact on benefits for employees and develop communication tools to enhance understanding of OM1’s benefits program
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining a proactive approach with new and anticipated changes to legislation and regulation
- Oversee the management of all leave programs; STD, LTD, Parental Leave, Worker’s Comp, FMLA, etc.
- Manage and serve as the primary owner and operator of OM1’s HRIS system
- Maintain HRIS system data integrity and implement process improvements with utility and reporting.
- Initiate opportunities for further automation and efficiency within our HRIS and between our HRIS and other HR systems and tools.
- Serve as the lead on any HRIS migrations or enhancements as needed.
- Engage in audits as needed and required.
Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of direct compensation and benefit experience with at least one of those years in a capacity centered on total rewards strategy, design and implementation. Experience with compensation design is required.
- Solid working knowledge of HRIS and benefit carrier providers and technology.
- A results and success-oriented self-starter who is able to operate independently and partner with senior executives to successfully develop and implement plans, programs and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively toggle between strategic roadmap planning / decision making and day-to-day hands on implementation and support.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and influence stakeholders, with the expertise and confidence necessary to secure commitment and implement sophisticated programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; confident under all circumstances; establishes rapport quickly with all levels of diverse staff members; collaborative and supportive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information professionally.
- Experience with ADP is nice to have.
- Prior experience leading HRIS system automation and/or system migrations.
- Customer Centric
- Practical Thinker
- Builds & Leverages Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Personal Accountability
- Respect for Others
- Builds Diverse Talent (for People Leaders)
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.