Sr. Statistical Programming Scientist
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As a Senior Statistical Programming Scientist, you will need to develop a deep understanding of each source-data structure, work with clinical informatics, epidemiology, data science and engineering teams on data integration, proprietary outcomes measures, and provide analytic support and validation of one or more business areas within life sciences.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Perform complex data investigation and database queries
- Produce Analytical Datasets using SQL or SAS
- Produce analysis output using statistical software including SAS
- Programmatically validate complex outcome measures and other derived variables based on large-scale healthcare data
- Work with clinical informatics, epidemiology, data science and engineering to develop innovative solutions to abstract and integrate data from diverse sources in support of designing and analyzing studies with large-scale healthcare data
- Draft descriptive analysis plans under supervision, write analysis specifications, perform analyses and interpret results and reports for study teams
- Serve as an in-house expert and a mentor for knowledge sharing and training
What Experience You'll Bring
- Excellent programming skills with SAS and SQL, with a minimum of 7 years of experience
- Ability to work well cross functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Outstanding critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; superior attention to detail
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related fields with a minimum 7 years of experience working with healthcare data, or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience working with healthcare dataExperience working with healthcare data from multiple sources
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.