Senior Analytics Engineer
Senior Analytics Engineer
We are excited to announce our expansion to Vancouver, Canada. This is a rare opportunity for talented professionals to get in on the ground floor and play an instrumental role in shaping the future of our company. If you are driven by excellence, inspired by new challenges, and ready to be a part of a global success story, we invite you to be a key player in our exciting venture in Vancouver! You will be required to work in a hybrid capacity out of our offices in Vancouver.
Pantheon is the WebOps platform for websites that deliver extraordinary results. We believe in putting the magic of the internet in everyone’s hands. That’s why we’re so passionate about helping developers, IT and marketing develop, test, and release website changes faster and more reliably so they can build and maintain websites that create value for their organizations. Our cloud native software makes it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform.
We’ve got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to deliver data at Pantheon. You’ll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with many new and exciting data technologies like Snowflake, Data Lake House, Event Driven Data Pipelines, Real Time Event Management, Predictive/ML Modeling, and Microservices API.
The Data & Analytics team at Pantheon is focused on delivering actionable, trusted, and meaningful data products to the business. These data products will allow Pantheon to continue to drive growth, retain customers, understand our platform usage, and refine efficiencies in our business and platform. We are looking for an Analytics Engineer who recognizes how important data is as an asset to the company. This engineer will work closely with Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Analytic Engineers, and Analysts to help model, transform, store, and validate data to be made available for self service analytics.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Within Pantheon engineering, we value collaboration, character, autonomy, and a no-blame culture. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Things You'll Do
- Work with Software Engineers to refine Transforms as a Service enabling consistent data transformations from the data lake into the data vault and data marts including validation and data governance utilizing dbt-cli.
- Work with new technologies like Snowflake including Snowpark with Python, Google Cloud Platform, Airflow 2, dbt, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Assist Analysts and Product Owners to build self service data products across a three tier user model.
- Work with Analysts to develop Self Service Analytics in Looker
- Work with Data Engineers to source and load new data sets as needed.
- Refine and deliver data into the Data Vault with dbt-cli
- Develop Data Marts (Data Products) from the Data Vault
- Chance to develop API Microservice Modules to deliver data real time to platform engineers
- Define data validation testing strategy for dbt jobs utilizing a mix of Stored Procedures, dbt, or Python libraries as best fits the needs.
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
- Support the Data Org as a member of the on-call engineer rotation, contributing to the stability, reliability and performance of the data and data infrastructure that drives Pantheon's success.
What you Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of experience in analytics engineering or related roles, with a focus on developing complex transformations with dbt
- You enjoy and have experience developing data products from complex data sources.
- You are passionate about data
- You have experience with dbt, preferably dbt-cli
- You have experience programming with Python, specifically Python3
- GitHub or similar version control system, and understand how to utilize CI/CD with integration testing in an analytical environment.
- You have worked with Cloud Databases: Snowflake, BigQuery, FireBolt, or Redshift
- Experienced with Visualization tools like Tableau, ThoughtSpot, or especially Looker
- Terms like Kimball Dimensional Model, Data Lake, Data Vault, and Data Marts are second nature to you
- You are a clear communicator, able to represent your contributions and ideas with clarity while remaining open and giving space to the contributions and ideas of others.
- Take pride in what you can do as part of a team.
Proudly based out of San Francisco, Pantheon is a platform where marketers and developers build, host, and manage their high-value Drupal and WordPress websites. Pantheon's engineering's secret sauce is not our innovative scaling and performance tooling but our passionate, creative, collaborative team.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Sick Leave (PSL) and 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Full medical coverage (Extended health care, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Monthly allowance for wellness, reading and access to LinkedIn Learning for continued development
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact email@example.com. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.