Senior Counsel, Director - Commercial
We are excited to announce our expansion to Vancouver, Canada. This is a rare opportunity for talented professionals to get in on the ground floor and play an instrumental role in shaping the future of our company. If you are driven by excellence, inspired by new challenges, and ready to be a part of a global success story, we invite you to be a key player in our exciting venture in Vancouver!
Pantheon is the WebOps platform for websites that deliver extraordinary results. We believe in putting the magic of the internet in everyone’s hands. That’s why we’re so passionate about helping developers, IT and marketing develop, test, and release website changes faster and more reliably so they can build and maintain websites that create value for their organizations. Our cloud native software makes it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform.
Pantheon’s core values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Pantheon Platform is seeking a highly skilled and strategic Senior Counsel, Director - Commercial to join our legal team. As Senior Counsel, Director - Commercial, you will play a pivotal role in managing and overseeing all commercial contracts with a primary focus on complex client and vendor negotiations. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring that our business transactions align with legal and commercial interests while upholding the highest ethical standards.
How you will make an impact
- Commercial Contract Management: Lead, negotiate, draft, and review complex commercial contracts, including enterprise SaaS agreements, partnership contracts, vendor agreements, and licensing contracts.
- Risk Assessment: Evaluate the legal and commercial risks associated with contracts and provide sound advice to the executive team and business units.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay updated on laws and regulations relevant to the SaaS industry and ensure compliance within our commercial contracts.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product, to support their contract needs and provide legal guidance.
- Contract Templates: Develop and maintain contract templates, playbooks, and best practices to streamline contract negotiation processes.
- Dispute Resolution: Manage contract disputes and, when necessary, engage in dispute resolution or litigation.
- Legal Research: Conduct legal research and provide timely guidance on emerging legal issues and trends.
- Team Leadership: Manage and mentor a team of legal professionals, fostering their growth and development.
What You Need to Succeed
- 10-15 years of commercial contract experience (strong negotiation and drafting skills) in technology sector, ideally in enterprise SaaS;
- Strong understanding of business, technical and legal aspects of technology agreements, particularly, understanding of SaaS/software licensing, open source, service level agreements, privacy and personal data, export control and compliance obligations and intellectual property ownership and protection;
- Excellent drafting skills and strong in person / direct negotiation experience.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school;
- Member in good standing of a Canadian provincial bar / law society (required);
- Member in good standing of a U.S. state bar (preferred).
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Fully remote position
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Sick Leave (PSL) and 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Full medical coverage (Extended health care, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Monthly allowance for wellness, reading and access to LinkedIn Learning for continued development
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact email@example.com. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.