UX/UI Web Designer (Contract)
Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. By providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped over a million people understand and improve their health.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Web Designer (Contractor) to provide consulting services to our Commerce Product team. The Commerce team's focus is developing product strategy for our web platform, .com experience, and membership management. The Commerce Product team sits within our Growth team, which collaborates cross functionally across the Oura organization to develop business strategy and deliver benefits to a rapidly growing base of users. We are seeking US based candidates only.
As a UX/UI Web Designer, you will be expected to produce deliverables that will drive simplicity, functionality, and engagement across our full funnel web platform member journey. Deliverables will include bespoke landing page designs, OuraRing.com homepage iterative designs, product detail pages, checkout funnel steps, and member management portal. You will also be asked to consult on website feature development while contributing to product definition.
The UX/UI function supports this team by designing and refining the user journey - prioritizing product discovery, the shopping experience, and member onboarding. These design priorities will also align with business goals for driving conversion, revenue, and retention. You will be an advocate for design-centered improvements driven by research and experimentation.
What you’ll do:
- As a UX/UI Designer, you are expected to design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Align with product management team to conduct user research studies and summarize user feedback into recommendations for website product improvements
- Develop hypotheses and produce new website designs focused around improving KPIs for conversion rates and cart value
- Develop wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and user interface designs for marketing landing pages, content pages, checkout funnel steps, and user dashboards
- Design assets in partnership with Marketing Creative team and by following brand guidelines
- Inform recommendations for website improvements based on your review of website performance metrics
- 2+ years experience in UX/UI website design roles
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Figma
- Work experience in eCommerce (startup experience is a plus)
- Learning Quotient mindset with the ability to adapt and solve problems within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to inform and influence decisions with strong communication skills
- Passionate about health tech and wearables
This is a Remote Contract role, there are no employee benefits for this role.
Hourly: $45-$52, and up to 35-40 hours per week.
Something looks off?