Senior Business Development Director (Two openings)
Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. By providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped over one million people understand and improve their health.
For us, empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we work to promote work-life balance and ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are looking for Two experienced Senior Business Development Directors to focus on solution adoption and revenue growth within the health and wellness space. This individual would be responsible for creating a pipeline, closing deals, and structuring individual and team-based revenue targets. The ideal candidate has experience building and leading a global team, leveraging their network of contacts to build out our customer base strategically, and has experience scaling growth for a startup. As the Business Development leader, you would help grow Oura by foraying into new user bases by building partnerships with key players and influencers within the health and wellness space. The ideal candidate is results-driven, ambitious, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This individual will educate key partners on how Oura can help them powerfully understand their biometrics and health and will have proven experience in driving sales and successfully engaging with leaders in the health and wellness field. This individual will be tasked with scaling the business development organization and building out robust customer segments to their next level of maturity. S/he will partner closely with our Product, Marketing, and Operations teams to better strategically reach our future Oura ring users.
This is a remote USA role.
What you will do:
- End-to-end business development execution, including but not limited to identification and screening of strategic partners and negotiating and closing enterprise agreements
- Creating a strategy to build out a qualified pipeline for long-term prospects and new potential customers within other relevant verticals
- Represent the Oura brand when engaging with strategic partners and educate executives on Oura’s features and capabilities as a subject matter expert on the product.
- Work collaboratively with the customer experience and marketing teams throughout the product implementation to increase utilization of the Oura Ring to its fullest capacity.
- Own and manage the contracting process with our legal and regulatory teams to ensure that we develop clear expectations and accountability.
- Understand Oura’s market opportunities and analyze potential leads through strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Build out the Business development team and create a culture of accountability, achievement, and drive
- Develop and manage the business development team budget and incentive program
- Partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, and contracts
- Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results.
We would love to have you on our team if you have
- 10+ years of direct experience in a business development-focused role in health technology and services as an outward-facing representative of the company
- Experience leading teams, building out a business development org, and creating a sales compensation structure for individuals and teams
- Proven track record of success prospecting, qualifying and closing on key business leads and targets within the health and wellness industry
- A passion for developing new business, and proof of experience breaking ground into new customer bases
- A diverse portfolio of contacts within the health and wellness field in your network and experience building trusted partnerships through leveraging those relationships
- Strong leadership ability and people management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users
- Driven self-starter who excels in an ever-changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Holds themselves and their team accountable for hitting metrics
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, such as Product and Operations, and collaborate across remote, centralized, and international teams
- Desire to work with an amazing team of passionate coworkers here at Oura!
- Passion for the Oura product and it’s mission to empower everyone to realize their health
At Oura, we care about you and your well-being. Everyone at Oura has a ring of their own and is continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, vision insurance, mental health resources
- Fertility benefits through Carrot Pro
- An Oura Ring of your own + employee discounts for friends & family
- Flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- 20 days of PTO + 13 paid holidays + 8 days of flexible wellness time off
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- $500 for initial WFH setup + $300 monthly wellness stipend
- $25 DoorDash credit every Friday for lunch
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura takes a market-based approach to pay, which may vary depending on your location. US locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. While most offers will be closer to the starting range, successful candidates’ pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, internal peer equity, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Region 1: $210,000 - $250,000
Region 2: $199,500 - $237,500
Region 3: $189,000 - $225,000
Region 4: $178,500 - $212,000
A recruiter can determine your zones/tiers based on your US location.
Oura is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Something looks off?