Senior Frontend Engineer
Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. We've helped over a million people understand and improve their health by providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer. Preferred location: Oulu - this is just because most of the team is from the Oulu area and we like to get together. If you happen to like office life then also Helsinki & Tampere are good locations, otherwise you can also work remotely from other locations in Finland.
As our Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Build our content management platform and other applications with Vue and Firebase
- Solve interesting technical challenges in simplifying management of our data-driven personal insights in the Oura app
- Be in direct contact with our content creators / engineers and enjoy a fast feedback loop for the products you create
- Design usable and simple user interfaces based on the user needs
- Bring your vision to develop our internal tooling further
We would love to have you on our team if you have some of the following:
- Have practical frontend development work experience
- Eager to make our new features usable with a modern front-end framework, experience in UX & UI design is considered a plus
- Have a proactive attitude and end-to-end ownership: taking a rough idea, working with others and our internal users to turn it into a concrete feature or product
- Excited to learn from our content teams how the content is presented in the app, needs to be tested and monitored for future needs
- Good communication skills in English. English is our de-facto language, no Finnish required
The role and the responsibilities as well as the compensation will be tailored to fit your skills and experience.
About the team
We are a business-critical team behind Oura's personalised insights and guidance. Your main focus will be to develop the tooling for easy rules based content management and over-the-air releases. We are passionate about providing the best tools for our product developers and content creation experts.
Together we will continue to define Oura as a company where you can:
- Be productive, write quality code and design maintainable and changeable architectures
- Be part of an outstanding engineering team following and helping define best practices
- Contribute to a product that improves the lives of 100s of thousands of people across the globe
- Be happy and have great work-life balance - we work efficiently, remove the fluff and pointless meetings, so that work continues to inspire and motivate you
- Grow on your chosen career path, be it technical, people, managerial or leadership skills, or any mix of those
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Collaborative, smart teammates
- Lunch & Wellness benefits
- Personal learning and development program
- Wellness Time Off
- An Oura ring of your own
- Latest equipment of choice
If this sounds like the next step for you, please send us your application and CV as soon as possible, but by Sep 30th the latest.
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.