PubNub powers apps that bring people together in real-time for remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use PubNub’s developer platform and APIs as the foundation for their online chat, virtual events, geolocation, remote control, and real-time updates on a massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, Peloton, and RingCentral, delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. PubNub has raised over $130M from notable investors like Raine Group, Sapphire, Scale, Relay, Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.
PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
ABOUT THE JOB
PubNub is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the Product team to help us continue to innovate and deliver our offerings. The PubNub platform enables real-time interactions (between humans, devices, services etc.) in a wide range of Virtual Spaces use cases. As we expand our offerings, there is an opportunity to work on a new product that helps enhance the value of PubNub for our customers. This role will be best suitable for product managers who love to work with data.
- Interacting with customers and prospects to understand their needs. This role will require research and conversations with customers and prospects in order to deeply understand their use cases and the intersection of those use cases with PubNub. The ideal candidate will be comfortable having both high level business conversations as well as lower level technical conversations and be able to synthesize the input from these into a set of product requirements.
- Defining Strategy and Requirements. Identify areas of investment. Identify the resources needed (marketing and technical) to deliver and describe the results that can be achieved given the investment.
- Execute on the plan. You will work with agile scrum teams as a product owner to execute your requirements.
- Bring services to market. Working in tandem with our Product Marketing team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our marketing team executes on your vision to inform the world about the benefit of building their use case on PubNub. You’ll also make sure that our team of sales executives, solution architects, and support personnel are prepared to help our customers be successful implementing their use cases with the services you’ve created.
- Measure your product’s success. You’ll have made sure to have implemented your features in a way that allows us to measure their usage and you’ll report progress against your stated goals in periodic business reviews.
- Wash, rinse, repeat. Once you’ve knocked it out of the park, you’ll be expected to iterate on your product.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of product management experience, with technical/engineering experience prior to that: be seasoned enough to step into a role with direct control over major parts of our globally distributed and highly scalable product.
- 2+ years prior experience with data oriented products.
- 2+ years prior experience working with UX teams
Additional Skills Needed:
- Excellent communication skills: from selling a new initiative to internal stakeholders, to communicating requirements to engineering teams, to interacting with and inspiring customers.
- Experience working as a product owner with agile development teams is a plus.
- Experience working in a PaaS company is a plus.
- Be collaborative: be comfortable leaning on your teammates at PubNub to help you develop aspects of the features you are looking to drive, and be ready to help them out in the same way.
- Dogmatic and focused in executing features: you love seeing your features and product in action with a constant need to move the proverbial ball forwards.
- Occasional travel will be required
💫Remote First Company
💰Competitive salary based on experience
Annual Range: USD155000 - USD170000
❣️Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
🏝️Open Paid Time Off + 10 Paid Holidays
A message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. Factors affecting starting pay within this range may include geography, market, skills, education, training, experience, and other qualifications. The full salary range is also based on the successful candidate’s U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more information about the role in your location during the hiring process.