Account Executive - Cloud Sales
PubNub powers apps that bring people together in real-time for remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use PubNub’s developer platform and APIs as the foundation for their online chat, virtual events, geolocation, remote control, and real-time updates on a massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, RingCentral and more delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. In addition, PubNub has raised over $130M from notable investors like Raine Group, Sapphire, Scale, Relay, Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.
PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
About The Job
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter willing to work with a wide range of customers and stakeholders. As an Account Executive, you will source new customers, drive deals to close, and grow the customer base in your territory by aligning with customers to adopt new use cases and become the trusted advisor in these relationships.
- Hunt and source new opportunities across multiple industries and with varied use cases for chat, geolocation, notifications, and real time messaging in the APAC region with a particular focus in South Asian countries including India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other SAARC countries
- Drive deals from nurture to close, working with primary stakeholders like CTOs, developers, product managers, and engineers to build relationships, uncover pain points, and ensure customer success in implementing PubNub while coordinating the commercial close of new business
- Expanding and growing ARR with existing customers through building relationships and regular meetings with customers to align around customer product roadmaps and opportunities to leverage PubNub in realtime projects
- Work with aligned sales development representatives to source high-impact customers through both inbound and outbound funnels
- Be an expert in PubNub positioning and messaging across multiple verticals like gaming, telehealth, live streaming, and elearning, along with various use cases including chat, geolocation, notifications, and real-time messaging.
- Be the voice of your customers communicating feedback for product development and addressing customer issues while working internally with our support and engineering teams.
- Strengthen and expand relationships within strategic customer accounts, including up-leveling existing relationships with key exec-level sponsors and regular travel to customer sites for engagement to gather customer feedback, communicate the product roadmap, and uncover future business opportunities.
- Leverage all sales automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through the use of the CRM.
- Continuous learning and training of PubNub’s evolving products, services, and processes
- Entrepreneurial mindset with 5+ years experience in Account Executive, Account Management, Customer Success, Sales Engineering, Enterprise Selling or similar client-facing roles with a technical audience
- Experience in identifying and sourcing new and compelling customers in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other SAARC countries.
Additional Skills Needed
- Motivated and positive approach to solving customer problems large and small
- Experience with APIs, SDKs, cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust. Familiarity with real-time technologies like Pubsub, Socket, MQTT, Firebase etc
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking activity, retention and revenue metrics, while leveraging tools like Outreach and Zoominfo to drive productive sales motions and communication
- Experience with value-based sales processes and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Solution-oriented and consultative approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
💫Remote First Company
⚕️Medical, Dental, Vision & Wellness Benefits
🌐Monthly Internet & Cell Phone Stipend
A message to applicants applying to work in India. Factors affecting starting pay within this range may include market, skills, education, training, experience, and other qualifications. The recruiter can share more information about the role and hiring process.